For building MiniPwner is it better to use RP-SMA or SMA connector?

eddiek85

Oh, hello.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to get the Pineapple shipped to this country, so I've been looking at alternatives. I've found tutorials on how to modify the TP-Link WR703N into a minipwner, but I am curious about which connection to use.

I know the Pineapple Mk5 uses SMA connectors. I also recall Darren saying in one video that the 6db sma antenna outpowers the 9dbi rp-sma antenna in the mark4.

So, is there any reason to use the rp-sma connecter over the sma connector? More importantly... Will the sma antenna even work on the WR703N?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by eddiek85

Oh, hello.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to get the Pineapple shipped to this country, so I've been looking at alternatives. I've found tutorials on how to modify the TP-Link WR703N into a minipwner, but I am curious about which connection to use.

I know the Pineapple Mk5 uses SMA connectors. I also recall Darren saying in one video that the 6db sma antenna outpowers the 9dbi rp-sma antenna in the mark4.

So, is there any reason to use the rp-sma connecter over the sma connector? More importantly... Will the sma antenna even work on the WR703N?

Thanks for the help.

It's not that the connector is better, it's that it's directly soldered to the board instead of using a small pigtail internally.