Using SD Card for Storage

johnover

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to set up my SD card for storage. I've seen tutorials that have mentioned it (the SSLStrip tutorial, for instance), but I haven't been able to find how to do it.

Is there a forum post somewhere that explains it? I've searched the forums for "storage" "SD" and "SD card" but having found any directions.

I'm game for making a desktop capture video and uploading to YouTube, if I can figure out how to do it.

Thanks - if I've overlooked a post or a simple start guide, I apologize!

OK... 30 sec after posting, I kept digging and found the "USB Info" tab in the "Resources" bar, and saw the "Format SD" option. However, I don't the SD card as an option when I install a new infusion.

What's the next step?

Failing that...

Use a linux distro (eg kali, or command-line interface of the pineapple)

plug in the sdcard (use a usb sdcard adapter if necessary)

run 'dmesg', it should indicate that you drive is available by /dev/sd* (where * is b,c,d depending on the number of drives)

Warning: selecting the wrong drive e.g. /dev/sda = main hard drive , could damage your system!

partition the card with 'fdisk /dev/sd[letter that represents usb]

'n' - new parition

'p' - primary

'enter' - accept beginning of sector/partition

'enter' - accept ending of sector/partition

'w' - write changes

then

mkfs.ext4 /dev/sd[letter represents usb]1 (eg mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb1)

you should then be good to go...

Edited by midnitesnake

I had this issue...

When you are formating your MicroSD via pineapple, you are creating two partitions... One for storage and the other one for swap (If i'm not wrong)... The storage partition was formating badly by the pineapple, so what i did is formating via PC with gparted... Storage to ext4 and other to swap...

This fixed my problem. Probably your pineapple are formating badly your SD and you need to do this via PC.