rebroadcast wifi under a different ssid

I bought the pineapple to connect to my home wifi with one radio and, with the other radio, connect to my wireless machines in the shop so that I have internet access in the shop.

I see no instructions regarding this configuration. How may I accomplish it?

just connect wlan1 to home wifi in network infusion , then client tab

as well as set wlan0 as ap connect shop computers to that ap

you know there are routers that do that

I disagree: there are no routers that do what I require. This clear and simple question is at the end of a long slog of directional antennas, roof-hole drilling, cable running and tuning. Smugly suggesting that I buy another worthless plastic trinket is less than helpful, though thank you for being the only person so far to both read and answer the question.

Edited by noEditorial

what you want is access to the wireless ap, what the pineapple wants is access to the intenet. like it was said previously wlan0 is your wireless ap. set up the access point using the network infusion and link all your devices to this. for internet access you want to link wlan1 to a trusted wireless router using the client mode setup under the network infusion. you will know when youre connected when wlan1 shows up as connected to your wireless router.

as soon as you connect wlan1 to an internet providing router update your infusions and firmware ftw!

well i live above my shop myself and my shop provides internet i run several routers 1 "dlink"192.168.0.1 2 dlink2 192.168.1.1 then 3 linksys 192.168.2.1

so 1 in the back of the shop 2 at the front both cover there half of the shop then 3 is wired thru a hole in the roof to my apartment floor

i use a ddwrt dlink router for wireless repeter mode acting like a pineapple

so i recommend what i said before

but my question why use a custom 100$ hacking router when you could buy a 15$ ddwrt router and never have to mess with it

the pineapple evolves monthly

i would suggest a stable router for your needs

and just saying when asking for help , you get more with a smile than with attitude

Edited by m40295

I disagree: there are no routers that do what I require. This clear and simple question is at the end of a long slog of directional antennas, roof-hole drilling, cable running and tuning. Smugly suggesting that I buy another worthless plastic trinket is less than helpful, though thank you for being the only person so far to both read and answer the question.

Any wireless router/access point has wireless repeater functions, that's kinda what they are made for. The pineapple does the same thing, though it's not really made for this, it may work, if the other wireless repeaters didn't, then the pineapple probably won't either. From the pineapple admin screen click the network window, then input your current wifi settings under client mode, use the wlan1 interface for this. Under the access point tab, set the ssid to whatever you want, also set up the channel and encryption method. Ta-da!

well i live above my shop myself and my shop provides internet i run several routers 1 "dlink"192.168.0.1 2 dlink2 192.168.1.1 then 3 linksys 192.168.2.1

so 1 in the back of the shop 2 at the front both cover their half of the shop then 3 is wired through a hole in the roof to my apartment floor

i use a ddwrt dlink router for wireless repeater mode acting like a pineapple

At half bandwidth, unless those routers have two cards each.

and just saying when asking for help , you get more with a smile than with attitude

There is much evidence to refute your claim.