VM

mazmac24

You can't use them because it just isn't supported. The only usb devices that work are keyboards and mice and those are virtualized as PS/2 devices. It might change in the next version but currently you can't do anything about it. That is unless you switch to a mac since I heard that VPC for mac does virtualize USB.

You know where I can get mac os or do you mean the actual mac machine?

Don't ask this in the forum, its warez. If you want OSX you need to buy a Mac, or sit down and think about the usual sources.

I have no way of getting files over to the vm. Will burning on a cd get it over to vm? If I put the files onto a cd, will it read on the vm?

Setup samba/file and printer sharing.

Setup a FTP server.

If its windows, install the MS VPC tools, this allows drag&drop support.

Make an iso and use daemon tools/capture the iso with MS VPC.

I have no way of getting files over to the vm. Will burning on a cd get it over to vm? If I put the files onto a cd, will it read on the vm?

Just use SSH.

WinSCP is a SFTP and SCP client for Windows using SSH. Its main function is secure copying of files between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this basic function, WinSCP manages some other actions with files. Plugin to FAR manager is available too.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/winscp/

Yeah I meant the Virtual PC running under Mac OS, not running Mac OS inside the VPC.

And the VPC extensions is definitely the easiest way of transferring files to the virtual machine. If it isn't windows making isos is probably the next easiest way, setting up servers of different kinds just to get files transferred seems like overkill.