Running Mk5 software on other routers

siftyy

I am experimenting with mesh networking and wifi triangulation but I only own one Pineapple. Most people would tell me to either buy more pineapples which isn't an option for someone without an income, or run openWRT on some other router I own (which I plan to do) but I want to use the pineapple's software so I can easily transfer both knowledge and software, so I guess my question would be, can I run the Pineapples tweaked version of openWRT on a WRT54gl or similar routers?

HAK5 do not really want to release the source code changes (if any) to OpenWRT - despite the legal obligation under GPL to do so.

The interface stuff could be licensed under something non-free - I'm not 100% sure. So, you might not be able to run that on other routers - it depends on whether this is under the same license as the main O/S. Infusions are probably a grey area,

You should be able to run the tweaked OpenWRT versions on compatible routers after any modified sources are released. My bet is that there are only a few fairly trivial tweaks to stock OpenWRT.

Edited by Oli

The pineapple software should run on similar openwrt hardware though it may take some tweeking to get it going. No guarantees but you should be able to copy over /pineapple to a 54gl with ease. Support for third party hardware is outside the official scope of this really small team. Still, would love to hear more about your wifi triangulation project. Cheers!