DNSSpoof issues

ZeroSec

Hey guy's, So I have been trying to setup dns spoof om my pineapple using a few different methods, one using

And another using this as the index file

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Why+shouldn%27t+I+connect+to+open+WiFi%3F">
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

And both of these methods redirect me to the pineapple login screen, with an errored out pineapple gif.

I have tried using randomroll and it works perfectly fine, so if somebody could point me in the right direction, or tell me to gtfo because this has already been asked (btw never touched php before in my life so i have no idea what any of this is called to begin with...) that would be awesome! Thanks

Edited by ZeroSec

You might try posting the contents of the other files with the spoiler tags. Can't help unless we see what you're seeing. Do the index.php file the redirect.php file, the error.php file and just copy/paste your spoofhosts info.

• 1 month later...

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I am having the same issue but can possible shed some more light on my scenario.

After a fresh flash 1.1.1 I have index.php, redirect.php and error.php in /www and everything works fine. However, when I create a symbolic link from /www to /sd/www for space purposes, index.php no longer seems to work and I get a blank pineapple login with the broken image. If I remove index.php I get a directory listing of the remaining files so the symlink appears to be working correctly.

If I do nothing more than remove the symlink and put the same files directly in /www it starts to work again. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

-Kevin

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I am having the same issue but can possible shed some more light on my scenario.

After a fresh flash 1.1.1 I have index.php, redirect.php and error.php in /www and everything works fine. However, when I create a symbolic link from /www to /sd/www for space purposes, index.php no longer seems to work and I get a blank pineapple login with the broken image. If I remove index.php I get a directory listing of the remaining files so the symlink appears to be working correctly.

If I do nothing more than remove the symlink and put the same files directly in /www it starts to work again. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

-Kevin

I do, yes. It's out protective mechanism. I'll see if it is a real issue or a pathing issue.

Would you open a bug report detailing your issue? That helps us keep track of things.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I do, yes. It's out protective mechanism. I'll see if it is a real issue or a pathing issue.

Would you open a bug report detailing your issue? That helps us keep track of things.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Bug report submitted.

Thanks for the reply.

-Kevin