Diving in head first

siftyy

Hey everybody, me and my friend have both order MK5s so that we can learn about linux and programing. I'm a competent windows user, and have little experience when it comes to programing, and I have even less exerience when it comes to programing for linux.

My end goal for this whole project it to use the MK5 to connect to a phone and copy it's contacts and pictures to an sd card or my phone.

My question is, where do i start? I've never done anything with linux, are there tutorials? (inb4 ewwww windows user)

You want to do that phone thing with just a pineapple? You might want to look into using the pineapple as a vector for providing the connection and then use Metasploit via Kali Linux or Backtrack 5.

well it all depends on what you want. Do you want it to be able to get any phone and copy contacts and pictures?

I know you could do it to a jailbroken iphone easily but as far as doing it to any device i think your diving in too deep. start with cracking a few wifi passwords, and some scripts to automate that process. get to know how linux machines are networked etc.