Website traffic

yabasoya

I just finished watching a youtube video about LOIC. In the example, the author gave permission to DOS his own website. It worked! Great!

That got me thinking. A photography studio website is quite smaller than IBM or Microsoft I'm sure.

Recently a well known website was revamped and a quote was given out:

"The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services said that 50,000 users can now access the federal exchange simultaneously"

How does 50,000 compare to lets say.. IBM, Microsoft, Amazon, eBay, Twitter etc...

Amazon on Black Friday has to be well over 50,0000

Not that I am interested in doing anything, but how many LOIC sessions would you need to be effective?

First LOIC is backdoored and contains a virus. Second it is very traceable. Third most big companys allready have a backup rout incase you dos/ddos them. dos/ddos is pointless anyways IMHO.

Edited by mreidiv

First LOIC is backdoored and contains a virus. Second it is very traceable. Third most big companys allready have a backup rout incase you dos/ddos them. dos/ddos is pointless anyways IMHO.

bleh, thats the risk you take when using pretty much anything.

thejester claims to of developed the new tool xerxes, if your wanting to learn about DOS/DDOS you may want to google that. There are tons of tutorials around the net teaching you about it.