Backtrack 5 repos down?

zimension

Hello guys. It's my first post here, so sorry if I'm breaking a rule somehow but, I need some help.
Every time I try to run apt-get update I get an error message basicly saying that I can't connect to the repos - being timed out every time, not even getting a response.

I need someone else to please run apt-get update (in backtrack 5) and tell me if you get any error msgs. Since I made no changes to the sources.list file I do not see how I could have accidently changed my repos list.

Kali is made by Offsec, same people/team that made BackTrack. BackTrack repos should be online still though, since its used for their online classes. Kali would be something to move to though for more mainstream linux, even though its still geared towards pentesting, its now linux file system compliant and everything works like you'd expect in debian or ubuntu and should have a wider range of hardware compatibility, stability, etc.

Kali is made by Offsec, same people/team that made BackTrack. BackTrack repos should be online still though, since its used for their online classes. Kali would be something to move to though for more mainstream linux, even though its still geared towards pentesting, its now linux file system compliant and everything works like you'd expect in debian or ubuntu and should have a wider range of hardware compatibility, stability, etc.

Oh cool, any one know if its more compatible running wine (specifically steam)

I use BT5r3 native installed on my laptop, got VLC working and sound with my POS HP laptop and install whatever I need, plus wine works for windows progs so i can use my Notepad++ in Linux and a few others. Kali is/will be more compatible though with everyday use than BackTrack was though and supports loads of other devices and architectures now.

http://docs.kali.org/category/armel-armhf