A little help please...

StormShadow

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and new to pen testing in general. I'm also the proud owner of a USB rubber ducky. I have a problem, however, which I'm certain is child's play for everyone here. I can't get the intro script to work. I have flashed the duck over to v2.1, and my keyboard is set to US english (I'm in Canada). I have the latest version of Java as well. I have tried to compile and save the script via the online utility, but when it saves, it's a 0 Kb file. I tried using the encoder from command line, but java isn't a recognized command, apparently. If it matters, I'm running Win7. Just to confirm as well, when I have this script compiled, I will be saving it as inject.bin and just moving it over to the SD card ? Any help is appreciated !

Sure thing, thanks for responding. If I'm using iducke.com, I paste this into the box :

REM add delay to ensure Windows can add the appropriatre driver
GUI -R
STRING notepad
ENTER
DELAY 500
STRING this is my first ducky script
ENTER

Then I click "quack" of course, and choose "save as". I call it inject.bin, and save it to the SD card. It usually fails to DL the first time for some reason, but then succeeds the second time. However, when I check on the SD card, the file size is 0 Kb and nothing happens when i slot the card in the duck and try to run it. If I try to run the encoder from the command line interface, I get a message saying that java is not a recognized command.

What I did on iDucke,

take out your REM (iDucke didn't like it with me for whatever reason), and add in a DELAY 3000, I was able to get a 3k file using this:

DELAY 3000
GUI -R
STRING notepad
ENTER
DELAY 500
STRING this is my first ducky script
ENTER

Give that a try with iDucke. You might wanna re-install Java to fix that unrecognizable command :unsure:

iducke.com uses version 1.2 of the encoder, I suggest using version 2.6, and scripts typically need to start with an initial long delay (eg DELAY 3000) as the Ducky will start almost straight away (and needs time for drivers to be recognised/installed).