Connection Alfa usb wifi AWUS036NHA

Hello everyone, I'm a happy owner of a Pineapple, since the beginning I'm looking for a bit of material around to understand a bit more about this beautiful object, I wanted to clear a doubt, having purchased the gadgets Alfa usb wifi AWUS036NHA, I tried to connect it to the Pinapple with the usb cable is detected, but I noticed that the blue LED is not lit, the operation should be to amplify the signal reception Pinapple or need to do anything else?.

Sorry for any inaccuracies, and thanks for any clarification.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply, just after writing the post, I realized that there is a nice wiki to be studied, so it must be installed in the network manager Infusions Pineapple and from there to enable the Alpha, right??, As I said in the previous post the antenna only serves to enhance the signal reception?.

Yes once you follow the wiki and setup a usb drive for storage if you need it, you can start installing infusions via the Pineapple bar. Once you've installed network manager or wifi manager for 3.0 you will see a second radio that is disabled and you must click enable.

That antenna does have a great range, since your adding a second wireless antenna you can do things like deauth attacks, ssid flooding, or use it to connect to another wireless network.

Forgive me if I take this opportunity, according to you from newbie that I am, I would agree to upgrade to 3.0 and start studying with that or stay at 2.8.1, also have an additional antenna is very useful.
1000 Thanks
:unsure:

It's really up to you. Firmware 2.8.1 has quite a bit more modules and has a lot of topics for support while the new 3.0 firmware is still new and does not have as many additional modules at this time. I have upgraded to 3.0 and I love it. Just waiting for modules to be updated.

Many thanks for your invaluable help, I hope to soon be able to use the pinapple in a decent way, although now the ide a little confusing, considering the large number of possibilities that this magnificent object in the network and especially because there is not much material study over this very useful forum el wiki.

It's really up to you. Firmware 2.8.1 has quite a bit more modules and has a lot of topics for support while the new 3.0 firmware is still new and does not have as many additional modules at this time. I have upgraded to 3.0 and I love it. Just waiting for modules to be updated.

That's not quite accurate actually ;) Some modules are already updated for firmware 3.0, the most important I would say.

That's not quite accurate actually ;) Some modules are already updated for firmware 3.0, the most important I would say.

Well what I meant by updated was being able to install them to usb storage, I'm not sure if it has to do with the modules or the server side of it. We appreciate all the hard work you have done in light of this new firmware.

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to: https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/30093-alfa-usb-wifi-adapter-not-working/

PSA: Small complaint to follow.

I have scoured the Internet (including the mentioned wiki, which btw never mentions the ALFA or any other secondary USB adapter). Being as this topic is why most of us buy the pineapple and alfa, wouldn't it make more sense for it to have a standalone guide or at least a clearly defined link on the subject?

I'd be glad to write a tutorial, if I could get help resolving the issues I'm having.

Normally I am the one who maintains and adds my guides aswell as the awesome forum-goers guides, but anyone can edit the wiki ofcourse.

If you choose to write a guide and publish it to the Wiki, please name it correctly and add it into the appropriate list in the Wikis main page

Thanks!