(Re-)Viewing a Reaver session through the UI

Just wanted to check if this is the intended way for this to work - once you start a reaver attack through the module, you have to keep that tab open in order to see it update. Going back to that page just lets you start a new attack rather than viewing what's going on with the existing one? What do people do, SSH and nohup and forget the UI?

Just wanted to check if this is the intended way for this to work - once you start a reaver attack through the module, you have to keep that tab open in order to see it update. Going back to that page just lets you start a new attack rather than viewing what's going on with the existing one? What do people do, SSH and nohup and forget the UI?

Pretty much, I made a script to start reaver attack via wps button. One (if not only way) to run reaver on it without having to keep a laptop/tablet/phone connected to it.

Edited by demonjester

Cool, thanks. This might encourage me to come up with a simple 'show the last 100 lines of all reaver logs' module. Or for any logs maybe?

actually that sounds good, I can see it being like count how many lines in a log, then take the last line number -100 and filter it that way.

Have you tried using another tab to make another session on the pineapple?

Alternative, install screen (if it's not already), ssh, run reaver with cli.

Problem is, if I close the lid on my laptop or have to close the browser for whatever reason, it doesn't resume the viewing of the attack.

What's the advantage of screen over nohup?

I ran some test with screen, and it worked out perfectly, I used it in a shell script of mine, and when I start it I dced from the pineapple and couple minutes later I noticed my test router was not getting attacked and I am like why?! I realized I had a saved session and it was waiting for me to hit yes or no.

There is two ways to go about this

1. in shell script send a enter command

2. use the --session=apofthemacaddress.wpc to auto load the session.

Edited by demonjester