Kali Linux needs tweaking....

toysldr

Been using BT and decided to try out Kali Linux, I'm not sure which one I prefer yet, definitely still learning. First things first, the Mark IV Pineapple works great with BT. Easy to configure and all that good stuff. I plug it into Kali and my internet takes a dump on me. I think there is somewhere in the configuration that is making ETH0 my primary internet connection when I plug the pineapple into it. I can turn off the port, but I don't want to do that. When I unplug the pineapple, everything goes back to working. During the wp4.sh script I direct it to the correct settings but in the end, it states unable to connect to the internet. What am I doing wrong? I am definitely connected to the internet via WIFI.

After plugging into it, run dmesg from a kali console, see if you get any kind of errors or info that might be of help. Every linux system I've ever used, requires some tweaking, and one flavor or distro, runs 100 different ways on every different device, so it can be a bitch to figure out. I've only just got sound working in my BT5 R3 on my laptop after a year of no sound working on it at all. Still trying to figure out how to get the ATI driver hack to work, so I have full 32 bit color and effects like I do on my desktop VM, but such is life. Native installs always seem to work differently than they do in a VM too, so its never an easy thing to track down.

I kill wicd when using BT5 and just use wpa_supplicant and do it manually anyway. I setup shell scripts to logon me on to different AP's now and clear my DHCP settings so they aren't cached from last network I was on.

I rm /var/lib/dhcp3/dh* when restarting my network connections but thats just me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the pineapple working fine on Kali. I did notice if I buzzed through the wp4.sh script and took the default gateway it offered (172.16.42.1) and didn't change it to the correct default gateway, it looked like the symptoms you mentioned (all traffic heads out eth0 because the pineapple is now the DG).

Check your route table as well as ifconfig settings.

Been using BT and decided to try out Kali Linux, I'm not sure which one I prefer yet, definitely still learning. First things first, the Mark IV Pineapple works great with BT. Easy to configure and all that good stuff. I plug it into Kali and my internet takes a dump on me. I think there is somewhere in the configuration that is making ETH0 my primary internet connection when I plug the pineapple into it. I can turn off the port, but I don't want to do that. When I unplug the pineapple, everything goes back to working. During the wp4.sh script I direct it to the correct settings but in the end, it states unable to connect to the internet. What am I doing wrong? I am definitely connected to the internet via WIFI.

Disable network manager and that should solve your issue.