Who is the mod?

whitehat

Who is the mod of this forum?

I made a thread earlier about an ifconfig question relating to my internet connectivity. I lost connectivity while editing and it created a copy instead, which I commented should be deleted. However, it seems that all copies are gone. Could you please restore the original?

I'm only able to stay online 2-3 minutes at a time, so it's really hard to recreate the post.

Ugh...I had wrote a lengthy reply on how to test and check for issues to rule out..lol. Anyway to get it back to put all 3 where they were? At least that way I can copy out my answer and just PM him.

Ugh...I had wrote a lengthy reply on how to test and check for issues to rule out..lol. Anyway to get it back to put all 3 where they were? At least that way I can copy out my answer and just PM him.

Sadly no. I'm not sure what caused it, might have been all of us editing them at the same time or something.

OK, I'm tethered to 3G now as a work around. Here's my post, which I'm also posting at my ISP's forum, but all they ever say it to powercycle....

Hi,

I'm having a heck of an issue with an intermitent connection that's been going on for the better part of 3-4 months. There are also drastic variations in speed, but I only mention that as a possible symtom of the intermitent connectivity, which is the most important thing to focus on. It comes and goes, but on average I have this problem 20 days out of the month.

I am usually online approximately 3-10 minutes at a time, then offline for 30 seconds - 3 minutes or so. I do use multiple VPN's for school. I've tried toggling VPN connections when I'm disconnected and it somehow seems to help perhaps 25% of the time.

When I use the ifconfig commands on my Linux or OS X machines, sometimes I see VPN-related interfaces that I don't really know much about, such as gif0, p2p0, ppp0, etc, even when I'm not connected. On the Macbook I no longer see a wlan0 interfaces even when connected by WLAN, which I think is weird.

I have about 12 internet connected devices, all running Linux or OS X. This problem happens on all of them. The problem persists even when only connecting any one device, when there is wired or wireless internet, and regardless of my DHCP/NAT settings. I've tried powercycling, flashing, and toggling other options on my Apple router via the Airport Utility (router console).

Phone support transfers me, says they can't help, says it's not their job, etc. I tried chat support and they wanted to help, but I keep getting disconnected. They say there is not an outage in the area. Another forum suggested that perhaps it could be an issue at the pole or a congested network.

The problem does not occur if I connect to any network other than my home network though, which makes things even weirder.

Thank you very much in advance for any insight!

lo0: flags=[censored]<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16284

options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>

inet6 [censored]::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1

inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000

inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128

inet 127.94.0.1 netmask 0xff000000

inet 127.94.0.2 netmask 0xff000000

gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280

stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280

en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1400

ether [censored]

inet6 [censored]%en0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x4