A+ and Cisco ccna question.

badbass

Hi I am looking to re certify, but all I can find is online training. None of the colleges have classroom training. Everything is done online. I was cisco ccna certified and am A+ certified. Ccna expired and A+ is pre windows XP. I want to get Cisco certified and Refresh some skills hardware and Newer windows O/S's I want to be more marketable.

Try tech schools. Do some research in your area for testing centers, like prometric testing centers, they usually have classes at the same places. Thats how I did mine few years back, took my test at the same place that offered various training classes. So many people flooded the market and these types of schools years ago that now, a lot of them dried up with no unemployment benefits to pay for classes, people aren't taking enough of them that places keep the training schools open, but most votech and colleges have some form of Comptia and Cisco, even Microsoft vertifcation classes, but generally aren't on the main roster as such, other than computer science courses. You have to ask for the continuing education packs or adult night classes a lot of times, as they aren't often advertised as much.

If all else fails, try TestOut.com, online training classes. Their materials are pretty top notch, and will refresh you and help you prepare for various classes, but they aren't cheap. I was lucky enough to have them when they used to sell disc packs of video class and lab materials. Now, they don't sell discs and only do them online through their site.

Hi I am looking to re certify, but all I can find is online training. None of the colleges have classroom training. Everything is done online. I was cisco ccna certified and am A+ certified. Ccna expired and A+ is pre windows XP. I want to get Cisco certified and Refresh some skills hardware and Newer windows O/S's I want to be more marketable.

When I did my CCNA course, it was about 6 years ago and I did it through my university. You may want to find out, if any of the universities near offer it.

Where do You Live? I kow of some schools that offer in-class training here in Canada (Calgary, Alberta). There are both accelerated and stadaard courses avilable.

I live in Australia.