Medal Of Honor, Warfighter (Moh)

digip

I've created a platoon for MOH:WF, if you have the game on the PC and would like to join, its open to everyone who wants to apply. In general, act like an adult, but for the most part, I don't care who joins, so long as no whining and you don't care about cussin' up a good time and taking head shots!

http://battlelog.medalofhonor.com/mohw/platoons/show/4503603922351040/

Welcome to Tier 1 bitches!

4503603922351040.jpeg?v=1351287049

Too bad my laptop would probably melt my heat sink... lol... I tried the beta on Xbox; but it probably has nothing on the final product. What do you think of the Frostbite 2 engine?

I'm a huge Battlefield fan, and Frostbite has been great, EA and DICE, not to much. Origin for example, and launching the games through the website, sucks for BF3, and in MOHW, it crashes, but they were smart enough with MOHW to launch the game, without the need for battlelog or the website, so its stable compared to BF3. A year later, BF3 still has major issues, crashes, bugs, glitches, etc. Its such a HUGE game, I think there is too much data to find and fix all the bugs, but in MOHW, the maps in multiplayer are smaller, more like they were in the previous MOH. Personally, the last MOH game I think was still a better game, but the graphics in the new one are much better and movement is much better than previous version, but the story in the previous and missions were more Battlefield'esque if you will. The Multiplayer for me, is a bit too much like COD though. I'd wish they had some larger maps like Battlfield does, but it is what it is. Still, its a solid game overall.

Personally, Battlefield Bad Company 2, is still my fav, as well as Sniper Ghost Warrior as far as FPS's go, COD4 Modern Warfare I think was the best of the COD games, MW3 kind of sucked, both campaign mode and multiplayer. They are talking Battlefield 4 already in 2013, but I'd like to see a BC3 first, or even 1943 on Frostbite update/remake first. Frostbite is beautiful, but if the game story and campaign don't live up, graphics don't mean a whole lot to me, since its more eye candy, than it is drawing me into the mindset of the character you play in the game.

I heard that BC3 was a no go... and about EA... I think this sums it up

MS=Evil

APPLE=EVIL

EA=LUCIFER

... those bastards took BF3 away from me because (xbox 360 edition) they charged around an extra 40 dollars to be able to play on their servers. But, other than that, BF3 is the best of the genre... though I never played BC2... Did you hear Xbox got IE browser as an app?

Edited by Pwnd2Pwnr

Yeah, BF3 is pretty killer, I do love the game, but also hate it for what EA/DICE have done to it. With every patch, comes new changes, like nerfing rockets against vehicles, can shoot a person with grenade launcher int he face, and nothing happens like 50/50, so its whack. The control of vehicles, gun power, etc, changes with every patch they make, so its like a new game every time and weapons you used to use to kick ass, become ping pong balls with nerf foam on the outside afterwards. Seriously, which they'ed of left all the original physics alone, and just worked on glitches and bugs, like, feet, still stick out of walls when prone, so you can shoot people through a wall in the foot and kill them, or if crouched near a wall, you can see their gun tip stick out of it, so shit like that has been in there since day one, yet they make 1000's of changes over the past year, and not addressed the real issues.

MOHW is still a good game in its own right, I liked the last one better, but the one car chase scene in the early on missions of capaign, is one of the best I've played in a long time. You have to try and catch a perp and you're chasing them through the city in traffic, on the sidewalk, through alley ways, markets, etc, and its like 10 minutes of chasing, so its pretty bad ass in itself and intense. Other than that, its been more soap opera and drama, than mission centric like the last one.

Edited by digip

I have always thought that the rocket launcher is/always has been an oddity itself in COD style games. For instance, you pop a rocket at a group of soldiers and it does little damage; yet the RPG will devastate walls and structures that would disintegrate a soft, fleshy human. I know, it needs to be "even", but as realism goes; the explosion from a RPG = Giblets... lol...

What improvements were made to the Frostbite engine? I can't imagine it could have been improved too much because it is a solid engine as is...

Its gorgeous to look at, but Multiplayer is more or less like a nicer looking COD since its all really close quarter stuff, and the single player mode, so far is ok, but I think the previous one was a bit more fun, even though movement in multiplayer was a bit harder in the first one. It doesn't top BF3, but its a nice distraction from it for a while until the next DLC content comes out, then I'm done till BF4. One thing I don't like, is they have a VOIP system in MOHW, but it seems broken. Occasionally I hear people talk in game, but for the most part, we can only speak to one another between matches, where everyone hears everyone. Not sure if you need to be on the same platoon, but kind of sucks to not be able to speak to your team or paired team mate. They group you in pairs, 5 pairs per team, so 20 people total on the servers which is nice, not all the mayhem of battlefield, but the maps are a bit small, and without the voice, kind of sucks. Even BF3 has no voip that works in game, you need to use TeamSpeak, and that kind of defeats playing with voice with people all over the world when you don't know them nor have them in your friends list or platoon. But VOIP per team, should be built in.

Edited by digip

DICE? Counterstrike was a Valve game, no? I haven't played counterstrike in ages. I may have even uninstalled it from my machine. Counterstrike was based on the half life engine though, not Frostbite, and I think even the new one is still Valve/Half Life engine based. If all that is, is a rendering from someone who managed to render it under Frostbite, that alone won't make it look any better. Its not just the game engine, its the textures, dynamic lighting, where the lights are placed, arranged, and their settings also that make up the envionment. That looks more like someone photoshopped the image on the left to make it look more like a BF3 type rendering.

By the way, having played the game, that looks like the office map from Counterstrike Source, not Global Offensive. Not sure where you got the image, but the pic on the right, is someone messing with photoshop. Looks faked and blurry.

Edited by digip

That looks more like someone photoshopped the image on the left to make it look more like a BF3 type rendering.

By the way, having played the game, that looks like the office map from Counterstrike Source, not Global Offensive. Not sure where you got the image, but the pic on the right, is someone messing with photoshop. Looks faked and blurry.

That's exactly what it is lol. Just making light of the fact that DICE always has an unnecessary lens flare in their games. And for the record, they brought back cs_office for Global Offensive.

That's exactly what it is lol. Just making light of the fact that DICE always has an unnecessary lens flare in their games. And for the record, they brought back cs_office for Global Offensive.

If you've played BF3 you know depending on which side of the map you are on, the lens flare effect only happens when walking towards the sun up hills or in certain areas. Its not like its a constant thing everywhere you look, but its def there with certain characters more than others. Caspian Border and Alborz mountains are the only two its really bad on though.

• 4 months later...

Is this still up if I join?

My platoon is still open to anyone who wants to join. Don't care if you're n00b player or totally pro, just have fun, no bitching or whining. http://battlelog.medalofhonor.com/mohw/platoons/show/4503603922351040/