Unable To Install Sslstrip

Jones

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing the SSLstrip module on my MK4 box (Standard Edition). I have it downloaded and pinned to the navbar, but when i click on install to "Internal Storage" or "USB Storage" it says "installing..." and stops after a short while, still showing it as not installed.

I tried on both verison 2.6 and 2.7. Isn't SSLstrip supported in these versions, and do i have to compile and install manually?

If anyone got this working, please let me know.

Thank you!

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing the SSLstrip module on my MK4 box (Standard Edition). I have it downloaded and pinned to the navbar, but when i click on install to "Internal Storage" or "USB Storage" it says "installing..." and stops after a short while, still showing it as not installed.

I tried on both verison 2.6 and 2.7. Isn't SSLstrip supported in these versions, and do i have to compile and install manually?

If anyone got this working, please let me know.

Thank you!

So let me confirm:

You got the SSLstrip module installed without an issue.

Now it asks you if you want to install SSLstrip itself. You will have to install it to USB storage as far as I know.

I think WM was going to add something to the way his module installs SSLstrip. See some SSL strip threads here on the forum on how to install it manually.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I fixed this issue by creating a swap partition on my Corsair USB 3.0 drive. However, now my box keeps crashing all the time.

The issue seems to be with urlsnarf / sslstrip.

Is this some kind of memory problem?

Im having the same issue fella. I have had this prob since i got the box. all different firmwares. Now on latest stable 2.7.0.

Thought I had urlsnarf cracked, but it just STOPS logging. It still appears 'started' but no logs. Its weird as it starts off fine with logs, then just stops. Tried starting from status page, and from module installed to usb. (i know the logs will be put in a different location, and ive checked they are not being logged) I scp in to browse the pineapple folders, and the log's are all 0 bytes.

Running sslstrip + karma + urlsnarf together. I also get pineapple restarts. really beginning to bug me now as i have tried everything!

Edited by chaosengine

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO running urlsnarf and sslstrip does not work at the same time. Also running either from modules seem buggy. Had much better luck running them from command line. Make sure you are running and logging to usb, not enough room for running from internal memory. Also seems to work better with usb swap. Seems to be not enough RAM to run stuff together esp sslstrip. I use sandisk cruzer 8gig usb 2.0. may be usb 3.0 issue?

• 3 weeks later...

I also have USB with swap mounted and writable but sslstrip fails to install to it or to the internal memory. infusion module is installed but sslstrip itself wont install.

Just ssh into the pineapple and issue an "opkg update" and then "opkg install sslstrip –dest usb ". This will install it on your usb drive and allow the module to work incase there is a bug or work being done on the module. Have fun :)

-Stealthkit

Edited by stealthkit