Fyi Other Dealers

PineDominator

I just want to inform anyone here that wants to buy from data-alliance, beware.

A few months ago I had a huge headache when trying to get the money I overpaid in the shipping. took 3 weeks for someone competent to help me.

now my latest Alfa hornet came flashed with open-wrt corrupted. I don't think they even tested any of them. someone else here had the same thing.

the ac unit was dead:-(

and now I learn the signal is crap because the antenna is garbage.

these guys haven't gotten back to me in over a week now and that was just asking about the dead ac unit.

That stinks, petertfm! Well just so ya know, if you need a pineapple, we're all stocked up and shipping! :)

And we have a great return policy of 60 days for exchanges and returns, and even though we only have 2 people working hakshop.com, I try to answer all emails within 24 hours (unless it's the weekend, lol)!

The holidays are coming up soon too... so keep your eye on the store for specials and promos ;)

I just want to inform anyone here that wants to buy from data-alliance, beware.

A few months ago I had a huge headache when trying to get the money I overpaid in the shipping. took 3 weeks for someone competent to help me.

now my latest Alfa hornet came flashed with open-wrt corrupted. I don't think they even tested any of them. someone else here had the same thing.

the ac unit was dead:-(

and now I learn the signal is crap because the antenna is garbage.

these guys haven't gotten back to me in over a week now and that was just asking about the dead ac unit.

Good to know, I was considering ordering a few things from these guys and perhaps now will take more time to shop around. They do appear to have more of the Alfa components than any other dealer I've seen.

2 years ago when I was looking for authentic alfa wifi card I asked alfa and they pointed me to the northamerican dealer data allience, but somthing has changed and product support seems to have kicked it. I will take back what I said if they actually manage to message me back this week. in the end my hornet is working only because I had another AC adapter, wifi antenna and know how to flash it through serial.

Edited by petertfm

I got one from them and had no issues with it. But ideally you shouldn't need it. Pineapples come pre-loaded from HakShop. The UART isn't required for owning a pineapple.

I know, but it isn't a bad thing to have in your bag if a flash goes wrong or you decide to do something stupid after drinking to many attitude adjustments...

I got one from them and had no issues with it. But ideally you shouldn't need it. Pineapples come pre-loaded from HakShop. The UART isn't required for owning a pineapple.

Provided the password change issues that were a problem in 2.5 are now corrected. Not hatting here, just saying, having one on hand is being a good scout. Be Prepared!

I just got one of those $4 ones on ebay with free shipping from hong kong

Dang I got ripped off, mine cost me $5, but yeah they work perfectly in a snap no real reason not to have one in the old bag'O'tricks now. Additional note: Raspberry pi has a serial port as well and would be great for all those applications. (http://lavalink.com/...al-interfacing/) so that should work in a snap as well.

Edit: added weasel words in case I am wrong.

Edited by Wookiee

Agree no need for a fancy $30 one that still requires a serial port to use, when you can get a usb serial adapter for real cheap.

BTW data got back to me and it sounds like I can return it but that wont be usful if the shipping to return costs the same amount to replace the 2 parts that were broke.

so they are not so bad but take a long time to get responce and may send you product that is not even functioning in hardware and software.

Just an update to Other sellers please make sure what your getting, I have now seen on data's site that the 64MB and 32MB hornets are not listed and the same models are 16MB ram now "Warning do not buy this model" worse is they state that the 16MB ram and 8MB flash model is the higher end version:-(, You need the 32MB board.

Best to buy from the hak shop if you are unsure and or want to support every one responsible for this project.

Edited by petertfm