Whats Your Rig?

yukondokne

im always curious as to what tools people are using to get there work done, sometimes i can get inspired as to what would make my job a little easier. i was curious as to what rigs you guys are using to get your hacking done? and what made you choose that system? weather it be price, or power, or just what you had lying around? let me know!

my current hack-top is a HP Elitebook 8540w with 16gb ram. it has the intel ultimate n 6300 wifi card inside (i have an external alfa because i have not tried packet injection with the intel). it has a i7 2770k 2.7gHz quad-core and a nVidia discrete graphics card. im dual booting backtrack5r3 and windows 7(games) on a 250g SSD. this was my work laptop, but now it has become my personal laptop.

Rig pos fujitsu laptop. Ubuntu 12.04 I have a lot of tools on it. I also have a flash drive with Back track 5 r3. I have a alfa usb wifi adapters. I have the rallink and the realtek. For antennas I have a 9db antenna omni directional. 16 db yagi. In what I call an office at home I have a Amd 64 bit pc with linux a samgsung printer and a HP scanner. Right now I am in the process of relocating I bridge to my phone to get online or go the other buisness. The key work is mobile. A netbook will work. I does not take much.

Edited by badbass

At home, I use a Vaio laptop. It's pretty old. Core2Duo processor and a Gig of ram. I'm running Xubuntu 12.04 so it's still OK to go, but I really consider maxing out the ram at 4Gb, just for the breathing room. But then again, on a box this old, I'm probably better off putting the money towards a new computer instead.

At work, I use a Wyse box connected to a citrix server farm.

Dell XPS 13 running Ubuntu 12.04 (Project Sputnik) for programming and homework on the go. Definitely comes in handy for my Operating Systems and Software Modeling classes. Dell and Canonical did a good job working on custom drivers to make it a smooth experience. Just waiting on the developer profile tool we were promised (it's still being developed, ironically enough).

We have a few obsolete 32 bit machines. use them for routers, all kinds of servers, and desktop systems. Pastic router runs some form of nix too. Our robot runs on a pentium one running linux. Getting into Arm. Put debian on the Nslu2. Plan to do that on the Pogoplug, Raspberry Pi, and etc If I ever get one of those.

Edited by justapeon