Mk4 Karma Not Working

Bob A Red Dino

I've been working with my mk4 to get some phishing pages set up. Most of the work is done, but karma isn't working. I've got my pineapple plugged into my desktop, and when I turn on my laptop, it will automatically connect to my home AP instead of the pineapple. The laptop doesn't show up on the pineapple webpage, so I'm sure it's not connected. It works fine if I manually connect to the pineapple. I'm sure that karma's enabled, the laptop is much closer to the pineapple than my home AP, and I am running firmware 2.6.3. Any help would me much appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Bob A Red Dino

I've been working with my mk4 to get some phishing pages set up. Most of the work is done, but karma isn't working. I've got my pineapple plugged into my desktop, and when I turn on my laptop, it will automatically connect to my home AP instead of the pineapple. The laptop doesn't show up on the pineapple webpage, so I'm sure it's not connected. It works fine if I manually connect to the pineapple. I'm sure that karma's enabled, the laptop is much closer to the pineapple than my home AP, and I am running firmware 2.6.3. Any help would me much appreciated, thanks.

Is your home router an open wifi?

The behaviour you want is not possible like that. Karma will respond to open probe requests only.

Oh, sorry. I guess I misunderstood it. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Excuse my inexperience, but if I have any open networks "remembered" on my laptop, then karma will work?

Edited by Bob A Red Dino

The behaviour you want is not possible like that. Karma will respond to open probe requests only.

The funny thing is that when playing with my pineapple at home, I have 2 instances of my homenetwork, one encrypted, and one open. So the pineapple seems to duplicate the network(without encryption), although Win is not automagically connecting to the open version.

So I'd say that Karma responds to encrypted probes too, but Windows is not dumb enough to autoconnect to the open network..

Edited by loozr

The funny thing is that when playing with my pineapple at home, I have 2 instances of my homenetwork, one encrypted, and one open. So the pineapple seems to duplicate the network(without encryption), although Win is not automagically connecting to the open version.

So I'd say that Karma responds to encrypted probes too, but Windows is not dumb enough to autoconnect to the open network..

Yes, you are right. This doesn't always happen though, I have yet to find the pattern. Actually though, some installations of win7 WILL connect. I had that happen not two hours ago. I turned karma off and got sucked into my pineapple while devving.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne