Praise

badbass

Daren has a great idea just run linux. This would make me jump up and down. Fat chance Now I take inventory of every thing installed on pc's at work make sure I have all the install info and cds locked up safely. Try to centralize data for easy backup cloud service has made ths easier. I play with clonezilla make a basic bootable image. The topic on the show got me thinking put it on the server use the disk aray to keep the images safe. What gave me the idea to do things this way is when they use a pxe boot on the show. This gives me two options I can pxe boot and restore or boot from a cd and restore. This is cool.

i have a PXE system at work, any system booted off PXE runs a DSL (damn small linux) taht inventories the system including system tag, hardware, and installed OS for auditing purpose. i can then review the database and if it is still conencted to the PXE enviroment i can push an install image to the system so everything is uniform across my network;

this setup is limited to the receving line for PCs in the back, all systyems are unboxed, and then connected to the line, the PXE boot takes care of the rest. its awesome because the people on the line dont need to be techinically trained people (daves money) and i can have a solid inventory to audit agenst.

i have a PXE system at work, any system booted off PXE runs a DSL (damn small linux) taht inventories the system including system tag, hardware, and installed OS for auditing purpose. i can then review the database and if it is still conencted to the PXE enviroment i can push an install image to the system so everything is uniform across my network;

this setup is limited to the receving line for PCs in the back, all systyems are unboxed, and then connected to the line, the PXE boot takes care of the rest. its awesome because the people on the line dont need to be techinically trained people (daves money) and i can have a solid inventory to audit agenst.

Is it a custom system, or an available open source system?? Could be handy.