Port Mirroring

sickduck

Does anyone know how to mirror the LAN port from the WAN port? What I am trying to do is to monitor all wireless traffic in realtime from Wireshark. (I want this in realtime so I can't use tcpdump.) The pineapple gets internet from the WAN port. I used network manager to set up the internet sharing to br-lan. I would like the LAN port to be a monitor/mirror port to see the wireless traffic. I did some googling and came up with the following iptables commands but it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas, please?

iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -j ROUTE --gw 172.16.42.42 --tee

iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -j ROUTE --gw 172.16.42.42 --tee

Yes, you need a layer 3 switch or a network switch that has port mirroring capabilities. Usually a smart or managed switch will have this feature.

Yes, you need a layer 3 switch or a network switch that has port mirroring capabilities. Usually a smart or managed switch will have this feature.

If I understand the OP correctly, that is wrong.

If you take a look at Digininja's Interceptor, you will not find the exact solution but a similar one. I am currently working on a pineapple version for just this though.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne