Dual Usb For 3G Modem And Mass Storage Safe?

lester

Since the Mark IV has only one usb port and it's currently using that for mass storage I was wondering if it's possible to use one of those USB dual splitters device -- the kind that allows you to hang two seperate USB devices off of one USB port.

This way, if it worked, I could remote manage via 3G modem AND use the other USB for mass storage/swap.

Anyone done this?

Would it work?

Thanks.

Thanks for that -- now what are the necessary steps to get the ALFA USB WiFi AWUS036NH up and running so I can manage the Mark IV through that wireless connection. I currently am managing it through the Poe/Lan port and 'puter. I'd like to manage it tirelessly through that.

I'm sure this is covered somewhere but I have no luck finding it.

Thanks for that -- now what are the necessary steps to get the ALFA USB WiFi AWUS036NH up and running so I can manage the Mark IV through that wireless connection. I currently am managing it through the Poe/Lan port and 'puter. I'd like to manage it tirelessly through that.

I'm sure this is covered somewhere but I have no luck finding it.

That's what I'm trying to understand myself too how to manage the pineapple when it's remote. I have some what of an idea but not sure. A good tutorial or example video would be good.

That's what I'm trying to understand myself too how to manage the pineapple when it's remote. I have some what of an idea but not sure. A good tutorial or example video would be good.

you can manage the pineapple with wlan0/internal adapter, just connect to the pineapples ssid. now if you want to get internet from a wifi adapter like the alfa NHA you can use WM module to set that up. there are hak5 episodes that explain how to setup a persistent ssh tunnel so you can log into the pineapple from anywhere on the internet.

ps

I don't know if the alfa AWUS036NH is supported?

Edited by petertfm

I'm using a usb dongle hub with mass storage, usb tethering to android phone & AWUS036NHA usb wifi adaptor with no issues. And of course the AWUS036NHA is supported. Actually is one of the most recommended adapters to use with your pineapple and Linux in general for aircrack-ng purposes.

i believe it needs to be a *powered* usb hub....

i am also actually using the one linked above pondering though what to do if i want it in the wild because it needs to be powered.

hak5 season 11 episodes on ssh...talk about that you can ssh into it if youre on the same network....but they explain a different way in the =chance that you are farther away from it....

i believe it needs to be a *powered* usb hub....

i am also actually using the one linked above pondering though what to do if i want it in the wild because it needs to be powered.

hak5 season 11 episodes on ssh...talk about that you can ssh into it if youre on the same network....but they explain a different way in the =chance that you are farther away from it....

I'm using a second battery for my usb hub.