Help With Virtual Ubuntu And Aircrack

Malfestus

He there, first time poster here. Im a little new to all this so im sorry if some of my questions are retarted. Ne ways here the deal.

Im using virtualbox and i have ubuntu 12.04. I was able to get the aircrack suite installed, but when i attempted to start up any interface it doesnt find them. When i ifconfig all i get are eth interfaces and no wireless ones. Im wondering if its a driver issue, or if its an issue with the way my virtual machine is connecting to my adapter. Sry if this is retarted lol.

[ 1.116033] e1000: IntelĀ® PRO/1000 Network Driver - version 7.3.21-k8-NAPI

Heres soemthing i got from the dmesg

root@malfey-VirtualBox:~# airmon-ng start wlan0

Found 5 processes that could cause trouble.

If airodump-ng, aireplay-ng or airtun-ng stops working after

a short period of time, you may want to kill (some of) them!

-e

PID Name

698 NetworkManager

703 avahi-daemon

704 avahi-daemon

2668 dhclient

2746 dhclient

Interface Chipset Driver

Nothing under each of those above signifying its seeing my nic. Damn dont know what to do here.

Ohh ty for the reply as well.

He there, first time poster here. Im a little new to all this so im sorry if some of my questions are retarted. Ne ways here the deal.

Im using virtualbox and i have ubuntu 12.04. I was able to get the aircrack suite installed, but when i attempted to start up any interface it doesnt find them. When i ifconfig all i get are eth interfaces and no wireless ones. Im wondering if its a driver issue, or if its an issue with the way my virtual machine is connecting to my adapter. Sry if this is retarted lol.

Internal wireless cards, don't work well with VirtualBox, you need to use an external USB wireless card, or install Ubuntu straight to a physical machine.

Edited by Infiltrator