Wps Light Constantly Flashing On Mark Iv

I hit the reset button on the bottom of the mark IV because I kept getting a "page not found" error when trying to login into the web UI. Now the "WPS" light is flashing constantly and nothing I do is working. I've held in the reset button for 10, 20, 30 seconds and also left the power adapter unplugged for 10 minutes and plugged it back in. I'm using the wall plugin power supply that came with the unit. I have also tried to ssh into the device to no avail. Any suggestions?

Edit: So I'm guessing that I will need to do a clean flash because it seems to be bricked (not sure how that happened). Will this cable work? http://www.amazon.com/USB-3-3V-Auto-sensing-adapter/dp/B004LC54ZY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3 ?

Edited by BigFanOHak5

• 2 weeks later...

I hit the reset button on the bottom of the mark IV because I kept getting a "page not found" error when trying to login into the web UI. Now the "WPS" light is flashing constantly and nothing I do is working. I've held in the reset button for 10, 20, 30 seconds and also left the power adapter unplugged for 10 minutes and plugged it back in. I'm using the wall plugin power supply that came with the unit. I have also tried to ssh into the device to no avail. Any suggestions?

Edit: So I'm guessing that I will need to do a clean flash because it seems to be bricked (not sure how that happened). Will this cable work? http://www.amazon.com/USB-3-3V-Auto-sensing-adapter/dp/B004LC54ZY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3 ?

oh wow I have this problem and this is my second time turning it on in 30 days after my purchase

Are you powering your pineapple with the adapter or with an USB cable?

I had the same issue using a single usb cable and my USB stick in the pinapple.

Probably not getting enough power I guess

Before going any further you need to confirm:

A: you are in the same network as the pineapple, ie: you are connected with a 172.16.42.1/24 IP address, and the pineapple is giving ping replys from 172.16.42.1

B: you are applying enough power. A usb to DC cable won't power much past a standalone pineapple, maybe a usb stick or so. Unplug these and apply the original 12v psu and give us feedback.

Before going any further you need to confirm:

A: you are in the same network as the pineapple, ie: you are connected with a 172.16.42.1/24 IP address, and the pineapple is giving ping replys from 172.16.42.1

B: you are applying enough power. A usb to DC cable won't power much past a standalone pineapple, maybe a usb stick or so. Unplug these and apply the original 12v psu and give us feedback.

A. Yes I have been able to connect to the webui without any hitch. It just happened when I turned the pineapple on and all the lights were solid. I couldn't log into the webui so I hit the reset button on the bottom and thats when the WPS light kept flashing and would not go solid.

B. I used the ac adapter that came supplied with it when I bought it.

Moreover, was the pineapple working and then stopped, or had you always received a "page not found" error?

Had it always blinked constantly, or is this new behavior?

See above. This is new behavior.

• 4 weeks later...

for future reference i had this problem in testing my pineapple a good 10 times first night, it can happen by taking out usb being used for swap space, as well as specifiying refresh time on busy logs to one second, as well as issuing certain commands that do not give you an output, rather another page to interact with such as manual pages or text editors.

the actions i take in windows 7 to fix the issue are as follows, unplug, disable local area connection, release and renew ipconfig, reenable local, power on and rehookup pineapple, if that doesnt work reset for 5 seconds followed by waiting 5 and repeating always has.