Wifi Antennas

badbass

Back to business, What kinds of set ups have you guys come up with. I am going to play with a pringles can for fun. I also want to take a piece of aluminium flashing to create a dish style antenna. I look at dish style antennas, the antenna points toward the dish. I think the dish collects the signal. What is line of sight? I want to see what other people think and use. I would like to learn more about wireless and see what I can do with it. Thanks

Check out this website for more info.

http://www.instructables.com/id/WIFI-Antenna-Hack!/

Im in the UK i run a 25db directional antenna in my room also take it out if i do a bit of wardriving :)

Its an amazing bit of kit use it with my pineapple or with my alfa card.....

Its fun to see people looking in the back seat and i have this meter wide antena on the back seat :) if it works just do it :)

google gogles thinks its a TP Link TL-AN2424B but its not :)

I get about half mile to a mile in built up areas or aprox 14miles line of site although technically could increase that if had another one at the base station too :)

Dave

Its fun to see people looking in the back seat and i have this meter wide antena on the back seat :) if it works just do it :)

google gogles thinks its a TP Link TL-AN2424B but its not :)

Have you even gotten into trouble or ever had anyone approaching you because of the antenna?