How Do I Connect To The Pineapple Via Sftp

cody t

Hello everyone, I have a macbook pro running snow leopard, I just got the pineapple IV and im having trouble connecting to the pineapple via SFTP with ANY client, trust me ive tried em all. basicly I get the error cannot connect to server or what usually happens is I am re-prompted for the password (pineapplesareyummy) does anyone know if i am unable to connect due to my default macbook settings, pineapple settings or anything else that could be causing this issue? thanks in advance everyone!

well I can connect either way right? I just need to connect in any way possible ssh sftp scp anything! could you help me connect in the simplest way possible?

what client are you using? if windows...find an dl winscp that should work for you.

if Mac.. I like FUGU.

NTF

SFTP will not work on the pineapple out of the box. drop bear doesn't support it, which is what the pineapple uses for ssh/scp. Search the forums, theres a thread about a sftp package you can download to the pineapple that might be right up your alley. Best thing to do would be to skip gui clients and use the terminal thats built into every mac - but I'm just that sorta guy

telot

SFTP will not work on the pineapple out of the box. drop bear doesn't support it, which is what the pineapple uses for ssh/scp. Search the forums, theres a thread about a sftp package you can download to the pineapple that might be right up your alley. Best thing to do would be to skip gui clients and use the terminal thats built into every mac - but I'm just that sorta guy

telot

thats what ive been told but I dont exactly know how to use the scp commands, could you please explain how to?(:

I like you was a GUI person, but after having too many problems, I just got stuck into cli.

Its easy enough:

scp path/to/file root@172.16.42.1:path/to/file

so if I want to transfer the file foobar.txt to my pineapple from my mac to the www folder on the pineapple, I would type:

scp foobar.txt root@172.16.42.1:/www

If you want to copy an entire folder over (rickroll etc):

scp -R path/to/folder root@172.16.42.1:/path/to/folder

Also learn how to use synlinking, that and scp are the 2 commands I use most now