Mark 3 Question

Hello and good day,

I purchased a Pineapple Mark 3 last year and I have loved everything I have learned and

experienced using the device. I am not in a comfortable enough position, financially, to

afford another Pineapple like the Mark 4. So in the spirit of the starving IT Student

I have taken on the task of coping all of the files located here: https://github.com/sebkinne/wifipineapple

into there own respective files with the appropriate names. Next I copied the files over to the mark 3. It seems to work!!

I have achieved the look of the Mark 4, but of course the Mark 3 is not physically the same device

and lacks the functionality of all of the Mark 4 features. I am proud of the work I accomplished,

and pleased with my silly little hacks and additions to the code so far. (I am just playing)

To make a short story long, what I would really like to know is...

1. Will be a new release of the mark 3 firmware anytime soon? or ever again?

2. Can you help me find the correct dependencies for reaver_1.4-1_atheros.ipk (It says I need libsqlite3, but I have looked and looked and tested and looked and looked and tested....)

3. Are these appropriate questions for this forum?(If not please except my apologizes now)

Thanks in advance to anyone with some answers and to the Hak5 team for teaching me oh so much.

Sincerely

A starving ITStudent

Hi ITstudentUS,

To answer your questions:

1. There will be. I honestly haven't gotten around to it yet.

It requires a lot of work, but there will be an update for the mk3. That will be the last (or second last, depending on bugs) release for it for a while though.

There is work planned for the MK3 for a so-called tango mode. More on that later.

2. You have looked and tested? Where? Just install the missing dependencies (opkg or manually). Again, this should be included in the next release.

3. Yes, they are!

I will not be able to give you an ETA, but I think within the next two weeks.

Best,

Sebkinne

Hi ITstudentUS,

To answer your questions:

1. There will be. I honestly haven't gotten around to it yet.

It requires a lot of work, but there will be an update for the mk3. That will be the last (or second last, depending on bugs) release for it for a while though.

There is work planned for the MK3 for a so-called tango mode. More on that later.

2. You have looked and tested? Where? Just install the missing dependencies (opkg or manually). Again, this should be included in the next release.

3. Yes, they are!

I will not be able to give you an ETA, but I think within the next two weeks.

Best,

Sebkinne

Wow

Thanks for the fast and accurate response. I am still learning, like we all should be.

I am just busy all of the time. Maybe it just seems like I have been searching and searching.

I have tried to manually install libsqlite3 but I just have not gotten it right. There must

be a specific version to install. I just can't seem to find it, but trust me a am not a quitter and I will find it.

I must be looking for it wrong. I don't know everything.

Also...

I am not trying to be pushy about the firmware. Please, please take your time. I realize that you work very

hard and I am very grateful. So as soon as I have the cash I will get me a Mark 4!!

Thanks again for your awesome firmware and hard work.

best wishes

• 2 weeks later...

Update

So after some looking around I finally found the package

I was searching for and its called....

.....libsqlite3_3070900-1_atheros.ipk

sqlite3* link

http://firmware.pberg.freifunk.net/experimental/trunk/bleeding-edge/atheros/packages/libsqlite3_3070900-1_atheros.ipk

Reaver link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/411404/MK3Firmware/reaver_1.4-1_atheros.ipk

Install the sqlite3 package and then install reaver.

Now my only problem is that the AP is on a fixed

channel, so reaver and airmon-ng will not channel hop.

If the Pineapple is on channel 6, then airmon-ng and reaver are stuck

on that channel too. If I start a new monitor it seems to work.

(I'm sure you can just plug an ALPHA wifi card into the Mark 4's USB and it works that way.)

Has anyone else found a way to get airmon-ng and reaver channel hopping while maintaining

wireless connectivity on the mark 3?

If so, any pointers would rock?

If my thoughts are wrong, please don't be a hater.

Thanks in advance

A Hungry Hacker

• 1 month later...