mac mennu

hakgipc

Since insistant requests for punctuation have failed, I have no option but to be extremly nit picky and correct your poor punctionation and point out as many technical mistakes as I can find.

Red = Changed

Blue = Added

Orange = Removed becasue it was pointless and unessasry

I've installed Mac on my pc (This is imposible as a Mac is a Apple brand computer, and if I'm not mistaken, it's imposible to install motherboards on to other computers. Surly it must read "I've installed Mac OS X") and i it works fine. I want_to know how to get to the media centere thingy, where when you press the menu button on a Macs remote control, to appear.

I don't know how to get into it with my PC. (I don't know how to get it into your head that punctuation exsists, but we all have our unanswerable questions.)

I think I speak for most people when I say: stfu please

We have been though this all befor moonlit. I remember that you are one of thoughs people, who is not botherd by people lacks of respect for the English language. However, hakgipc seems to be a repeat offender (or rather, a constant offender). Perhaps this is a very christan approch on such problems (Do what I say, or I will hurt you, but in soviat russia...), but there isn't even the slightest atempt at pressing the comma, apostrophy or the period (full stop) keys or, for that matter, the shift key. We need to come to a final resolve. I think we need some one to set some rules (I'm looking at you VaKo ;)), of sorts, for such problems...

I am bothered by people misusing the English language but to be honest if we bashed everyone who misuses the English language here we'd die from exhaustion, so if you'd be so kind, I'd rather you kept on topic...

Oh, and hakgipc, I appreciate that not everyone has perfect English but if you could try to do your best we'd all appreciate it, thanks :)

ive installed mac on my pc and i it works fine i wantto know how to get to that media centere thingy when u press teh menu button on a macs remote control

i dont know how to get into it with my pc

I wanna go!

Somehow I have managed to install OSX on my PC, and it mostly works fine. What I would like to know is how to run that media center thingy. The one you would get by pressing the menu button on real macs remote control. I don't know how to run it without a remote control on thirdparty hardware.

Have you got a remote control? If you have, you need to make OSX see it, and set a button up for the media center thing. If not, you'll need to find a way of running it from the gui. Start by finding out what its called, and searching google. You should be able to find out how to run it from the gui. You could also try the help file. Or looking for an icon called media center.

Oh yeah, forgot... spelling and something or other, bullshit! And there were pies i belive, pies that never ended due to a lack of full stops. So unless you want to die of a pie related injury, you should remeber to always use your grammer skillz.

It all gets much more easy (and legal(!)) if you just buy a Mac, the remote even comes in the packages :shock:

I don't think Apple want to tell you how to get the media center thingie to appear when you don't own a Mac

On my MacBook Pro there is a button on the keyboard for this, maybe if you get a Mac Keyboard :)

According to Apple's QA standards for when they make software, every function in MacOS needs to A) be accessible using a mouse with only one button, and B) be accessible with a keyboard, either through hotkeys, menu navigation, or command line. Both ways are probably listed in the help files.

If you want the controller that came with a Mac to work (like the one that came with my MacMini, i guess), I don't know that it's possible to make it work on a PC without some fairly crazy skills and a big bowl of h4x0r flakes. Getting a 3rd party remote and mapping the button to the task seems easy enough, though. I wouldn't know though - just using the keyboard is a lot easier for me.