A Host Of Questions For The Mark Iii Pineapple

Rotunda

Hi all

I have afew questions:

1, I've just setup my pineapple to work with a 192.168.0.x LAN however since i have done this i cannot get access to the device what so ever? how can i factory reset it back to the normal 172.42.16.x IP setup as the reset botton on the back does not do anything?

2, How much is a mark III (AP51 hardware, latest firmware, usb powered) worth? as i might sell it?

Finally, 3, Does anyone else agree, that Snubs, is soooo damn hot :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks guys, appreciate any feedback!

J

Hi all

I have afew questions:

1, I've just setup my pineapple to work with a 192.168.0.x LAN however since i have done this i cannot get access to the device what so ever? how can i factory reset it back to the normal 172.42.16.x IP setup as the reset botton on the back does not do anything?

2, How much is a mark III (AP51 hardware, latest firmware, usb powered) worth? as i might sell it?

Finally, 3, Does anyone else agree, that Snubs, is soooo damn hot :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks guys, appreciate any feedback!

J

1. To my knowledge the reset button doesn't reset anything. (COULD BE WRONG!). Best thing to do is reflash your firmware and access it with 172.16.42.1/pineapple See the hundreds of posts Mr. Protocol has done on this - he is the reflash god.

2. The hardware retails (new) at around $35-50. Used I have no clue.

3. Duh.

telot

1. To my knowledge the reset button doesn't reset anything. (COULD BE WRONG!). Best thing to do is reflash your firmware and access it with 172.16.42.1/pineapple See the hundreds of posts Mr. Protocol has done on this - he is the reflash god.

2. The hardware retails (new) at around $35-50. Used I have no clue.

3. Duh.

telot

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I flashed it earlier, needed the latest firmware anyway (i was on 2.0.1) so its now running the latest firmware and i can now get access again via 172.16.42.1.. whats the correct way to get it to run under 192.168.0.x networks? or is it best to just leave it?

thanks guys

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I flashed it earlier, needed the latest firmware anyway (i was on 2.0.1) so its now running the latest firmware and i can now get access again via 172.16.42.1.. whats the correct way to get it to run under 192.168.0.x networks? or is it best to just leave it?

thanks guys

Being that your not connecting it to any real "network" - you're just communicating to it like this:

laptop<--ethernet-cord-->pineapple

So I'm confused as why you want to run it with 192.167.0.x?

telot

I'm assuming that Rotunda wants to use 192.168.0.x because it looks more like a "regular" IP. A normal user who knows how to run ipconfig (and not much else) would expect to see a 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x IP because that's what almost every consumer router uses.

I'm assuming that Rotunda wants to use 192.168.0.x because it looks more like a "regular" IP. A normal user who knows how to run ipconfig (and not much else) would expect to see a 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x IP because that's what almost every consumer router uses.

In the wild other than in a household, you will see 10.x.x.x and 172.x.x.x

As long as it loads facebook.com they probably wont even care lol.

Where I am, I rarely see 172.x.x.x

I've shown some friends who were having wifi problems how to use ipconfig and to look for 192.168.x.x 10.x.x.x and 172.x.x.x but they rarely remember the last.

Very true about the facebook thing though. Although, pinterest is another now. ugh... lol.