Remote Access

PureZero

okey here's the deal. at school we have some "great" laptops with everything blocked. cant even install anything.

is it possible to use remote access from my school computer to my home computer. without installing anything on the school laptop?

i have an ipod i use as an hdd that i can use. but cant really install anything on it.

like anything i can use to connect and use my home computer from the school computer/my ipod.

so that i can run any program i want and access what web site i want.

cant even use firefox at the school computer =/

if i explain something bad or forgot something, please lett me know. any suggestions and/or comments are welcome

is it possible to use remote access from my school computer to my home computer. without installing anything on the school laptop?

In general this should be possible. Of course, when the admin really put the clamps on the box things might get really difficult to impossible.

i have an ipod i use as an hdd that i can use. but cant really install anything on it.

Why? I mean, when you install stuff on it from your machine at home and you attach it to the school box, are you unable to execute the binaries on there, or do you mean are you unable to install stuff from that school box onto that device?

like anything i can use to connect and use my home computer from the school computer/my ipod.

You can use Putty to create a secure connection to your home machine (assuming you leave it on when you go to school, running SSH) and route traffic over it. Putty is simply an executable, so no need for installation or stuff like that.

so that i can run any program i want and access what web site i want.

See, *THAT* is what they're trying to prevent. You're there for school. Not for goofing around on MySpace (admit it! :P).

The admin's intent is to provide you with the bare minimum requited to do what you need to do for school as that means the app list for the machine can be really small which translates to easy adminitration and that in turn means less work for him.