Issues Setting Up Ap51. Help?

My AP51 came in other day and I have run into some issues setting it up.

Initially I tried using the following video tutorial as a primary source:

http://hak5.org/hack/wifi-pineapple-flashing-guide

This tutorial is for "Pineapple v2" - it uses the AP51 flashing GUI so it seemed fitting for my device. It did not work. I was able to flash the device and ping to it but could not telnet into it - Putty would just hang then crash when attempting to telnet and couldn't progress from there....

I am looking for someone to point me in the direction of a tutorial for configuring an AP51 with the appropriate firmware etc to function as a "homemade" pineapple. I have come across several tutorials for different versions/devices, all of which are different. Is there an up to date, straightforward tutorial out there for flashing and setting up an AP51?

Thanks for your input!

My AP51 came in other day and I have run into some issues setting it up.

Initially I tried using the following video tutorial as a primary source:

http://hak5.org/hack/wifi-pineapple-flashing-guide

This tutorial is for "Pineapple v2" - it uses the AP51 flashing GUI so it seemed fitting for my device. It did not work. I was able to flash the device and ping to it but could not telnet into it - Putty would just hang then crash when attempting to telnet and couldn't progress from there....

I am looking for someone to point me in the direction of a tutorial for configuring an AP51 with the appropriate firmware etc to function as a "homemade" pineapple. I have come across several tutorials for different versions/devices, all of which are different. Is there an up to date, straightforward tutorial out there for flashing and setting up an AP51?

Thanks for your input!

Use SSH in putty not telnet

I recommend that you flash the latest firmware. You can find guides and the firmware at wifipineapple.com

You can flash the latest MK3 firmware, V2 you do not need to use.

Best,

Sebkinne

Can you direct link the guide you would most recommend for flashing an AP51? I've been going through several guides - some of which are from wifipineapple.com - they are all different - I've been running into issues. I'm not sure that I have located the correct guide? I linked the one I was going off of in original post which seemed the most "useful".....but no luck so far.

Just trying to find a solid resource instead of jumping around from guide to guide - all of which has different info and methods. Looking for a straightforward consolidated resource for getting this ap51 set up........Maybe I am just doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Can you direct link the guide you would most recommend for flashing an AP51? I've been going through several guides - some of which are from wifipineapple.com - they are all different - I've been running into issues. I'm not sure that I have located the correct guide? I linked the one I was going off of in original post which seemed the most "useful".....but no luck so far.

Just trying to find a solid resource instead of jumping around from guide to guide - all of which has different info and methods. Looking for a straightforward consolidated resource for getting this ap51 set up........Maybe I am just doing something wrong?

Thanks!

http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showannouncement=6&f=49

If it sticks at "Your IP" part, try starting the winpcap daemon manually.