Net Send Problem

Guest K1u

How can i get past the problem of when i want to send for a example a batch file in net send i get "Sending files is no longer supported." is there any way to get past this?

How strange any ip i put in it says cannot find on network not even loopback works i also tried getting a friend to turn on messenger and still the same problem could it be my firewall i have checked it and it does not seem like it.

I wrote a little bat file at college when I was bored to have a little fun with.

It uses psexec to enable and start the messenger service on two remote machines and then send a message from one to the other. Great if you know the local admin password and want to pester people who may look at the message's origin computer name :roll:

usage: send.bat <target> <host> <admin password> <message>

psexec %1 -u administrator -p %3 sc config messenger start= auto

psexec %1 -u administrator -p %3 net start messenger

psexec %2 -u administrator -p %3 sc config messenger start= auto

psexec %2 -u administrator -p %3 net start messenger

psexec %2 -u administrator -p %3 net send %1 "%4"

A little off topic, but I thought some might like it.

If you still haven't enabled it yet

Go

start > control panel > administrative tools (classic view) > services > scroll down and find messenger > properties > start up type: manual > apply > then click start to start it.

If there is anything else netsend requires, it will be in that list somewhere, and will be disabled, so look for it or google it and enable the required components.