What To Do With An Old Tablet?

Guest Deleted_Account

Guest Deleted_Account

I want to do something cool with my Motorola Xoom but I don't know what I should do. Anyone have any ideas? The stats are bellow:

4.0.3 ICS Wingray Curtom ROM

WiFi ONLY

Rooted

I was thinking of using it in car or for pentesting but there is no native BackTrack install for it yet :(

Any ideas? What are you using yours for?

Guest Deleted_Account

Sadly the chroot and VNC environment is way to slow for anything productive. Doing you think installing BT5 native using the debian method would work? http://www.cactuar.net/2011/06/19/how-to-run-debian-natively-on-the-motorola-xoom/

• 1 month later...

I want to do something cool with my Motorola Xoom but I don't know what I should do. Anyone have any ideas? The stats are bellow:

WiFi ONLY

Rooted

I was thinking of using it in car or for pentesting but there is no native BackTrack install for it yet :(

I would say build a car computer out of it. you could glass it in the dash tether it to you phone for internet, use pandora,GPS or anything you can think of. Im planing on buying an Ipad 3 for school and using it as a car computer as well. ( 2 birds 1 stone)

• 1 month later...

WiFi ONLY

Rooted

Are we at the point in time where tablets can be considered "old"? :blink:

• 1 month later...

I use my old 9" tab for a second display using software called iDisplay it was originally for Ipads etc. but it has now been developed for androids, its refresh rate is pretty laggy over wifi, but i just use it for my winamp playlist and functions. its supposed to be able to connect to you pc via usb by enabling the usb debug mode , but all attempts i have made of this have been unsuccessful , so im sticking to the wifi. its recognised as an extended desktop so a nifty program to have on you android :).

set it up as a little jackbox and leave it on other peoples wifis, small businesses around town, public hotspots, etc. just let it run ssltrip and collect the goodies. what would be really nice is a tablet with a wireless chipset supporting monitor mode. then it would be game over. then you could just leave it to reaver, or pwn weps anywhere.