Tftp With Serial

I purchased an Fon 2100 off ebay for Jasager. I bricked it using fon-flash. I built a serial cable and I can connect to redboot using putty. I have tftp32 running and I can tftp files from another computer on my network, see the server with netstat but the fon wont tftp. I can't ping the tftp server from the fon (no surprise).

I've tried setting the fon IP address with the following commands:

ip_address -l 192.168.1.254 -h 192.168.1.1

ip_address -l 192.168.1.254/24 -h 192.168.1.1

Also tried this but I'm pretty sure this would just give the fon and tftp server the same ip:

ip_address -l 192.168.1.1 -h 192.168.1.254

ip_address -l 192.168.1.1/24 -h 192.168.1.254

I also tried to tftp a couple different ways:

load -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} openwrt-atheros-vmlinux.lzma

load -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} openwrt-atheros-vmlinux.lzma -h 192.168.1.1

Any idea what I screwed up?

I purchased an Fon 2100 off ebay for Jasager. I bricked it using fon-flash. I built a serial cable and I can connect to redboot using putty. I have tftp32 running and I can tftp files from another computer on my network, see the server with netstat but the fon wont tftp. I can't ping the tftp server from the fon (no surprise).

Any idea what I screwed up?

To the best of my knowledge you can't use TFTP over serial. I used an app like hyperterminal (included with winxp) or TeraTerm. But I think PuTTY has a serial send option. too. But I have

not actually used it for that.

Once you get to the Redboot prompt, then prepare the router to receive them, using ymodem protocol:

RedBoot> load -r -m ymodem -b %{FREEMEMLO} openwrt-atheros-vmlinux.lzma

And initiate a ymodem send on your terminal app. Until you initiate the send nothing will transfer.

(same for the rootfs file)

(full instructions are in the MK3 flashing guide elsewhere on the forum)

If you are flashing an original fon2100 with the 16mb of RAM you probably will not be happy, the new firmware is too much for the memory available. Sebkinne said elsewhere he was running a lean

version of the fw which worked on the 2100's.