Pineapple Borked?

Ok, let me preface by saying I'm not very technical. I heard about these pineapples from a friend and it seemed pretty funny some of the things he showed me...So I got one to play with in my spare time.

One of the interesting things he had going was the auto rick rolling bit. I tried it out (Or actually tried to try it out.) Problem being I think I bricked my Pineapple. It won't start up the "pineapple" wireless on boot anymore nor will it allow me to connect via ssh ("ssh: connect to host 172.16.42.1 port 22: No route to host".) I'm really not sure what I can do...I was thinking of just starting over and re-flashing but if I were to do that would it remain the same as when I received it in the mail or would the interface be different?

when I connect the pineapple to my lappy I get a IP of 172.16.42.42...Like I said...I'm not that technical but I would assume that if i'm still in the right range that the pineapples ip wouldn't of changed? *tear* any help/kick in the ass is appreciated.

oddly I don't see the option to edit...So I'm going to put this in another post...

After rebooting I'm now receiving a IP of 192.168.10.4

I really don't understand whats going on or how to fix it...I don't think I will try doing that again after I get it back to running right though, lol

oddly I don't see the option to edit...So I'm going to put this in another post...

After rebooting I'm now receiving a IP of 192.168.10.4

I really don't understand whats going on or how to fix it...I don't think I will try doing that again after I get it back to running right though, lol

Thats what mine has been doing now for almost a month. I have flashed and reflashed but no joy.....

Thats what mine has been doing now for almost a month. I have flashed and reflashed but no joy.....

The pineapple shouldn't be "giving" you any IP address ever (when plugged into ethernet). Thats why you setup a static IP in win7 and run the wp3.sh script in linux (which sets up a static ip). Reflash and re-read the instructions...this time try not to do it so diagonally. Good luck

Mr. Protocol, whats your opinion of you and/or me creating a video or two on how to first setup a pineapple out of the box? That guy from this thread (http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=23130) never responded to me, just left me hanging. It seems like you and me are the ones doing 90% of tech support on these bad boys, maybe we'd save ourselves some time? Or maybe just a FAQ would do...

telot

Are you actually able to complete the flash?? It seems when I follow http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showannouncement=6 exactly, it hangs on "your ip"

I've tried several things...starting Freifunk as admin...leaving the pineapple unplugged for a extended period of time...I can never get past the "your ip" bit.

thanks for all the other replies

Are you actually able to complete the flash?? It seems when I follow http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showannouncement=6 exactly, it hangs on "your ip"

I've tried several things...starting Freifunk as admin...leaving the pineapple unplugged for a extended period of time...I can never get past the "your ip" bit.

thanks for all the other replies

nvm all is good, I didn't think to stop sharing internet/stop my wifi card (not sure which it was that fixed the problem.)

oh, btw, stay 1337 telot.