Wifi Antenna

Stuky

Sup Guys. So I noticed that inside the 5dbi antenna theres a wire. What is it called exactly? Im trying make my pineapple inside an external HDD, but I need this antenna in wire form so I can easily place it inside. Where Can I find it online without the plastic and just the wire? I don't want to open and mess with the current one I have.

Thanks

6BocV.png

I noticed there is a wire inside the plastic. Wondering if they have some online without the black plastic. And yea, Im modding my pineapple inside a external hdd enclosure so I want to place the antenna on the inside.

Edited by Stuky

Use your google-fu, probably will have to make one from scratch. Just remember that the length of that antennae is super important, depending what frequency your pushing (or receiving)through that antennae will affect how long it needs to be. PS you will want it to be insulated... hope that helps

I noticed there is a wire inside the plastic. Wondering if they have some online without the black plastic. And yea, Im modding my pineapple inside a external hdd enclosure so I want to place the antenna on the inside.

If it truly is just a straight wire with no coils on either end (top or bottom loaded) then it is a simple quarter or half wave monopole. So for a custom job make your own out of a 30mm(1/4wave) or 60mm(1/2 wave) piece of solid copper wire soldered to the central contact of an SMA connector. Just seen wiki has a decent article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopole_antenna

As its so low power impedance matching which is the hard part in designing antennae is less of an issue.

If it truly is just a straight wire with no coils on either end (top or bottom loaded) then it is a simple quarter or half wave monopole. So for a custom job make your own out of a 30mm(1/4wave) or 60mm(1/2 wave) piece of solid copper wire soldered to the central contact of an SMA connector. Just seen wiki has a decent article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopole_antenna

As its so low power impedance matching which is the hard part in designing antennae is less of an issue.

Manouche is exactly right. Antenna design is a world unto itself - the company I work for spent tens of thousands of dollars engineering a single antenna solution for one of its products. Its insane. To save yourself your sanity, take the copper wire out of your black plastic antenna and use that :) Be very careful not to hurt it (dont bend it or cut it for gods sake!) when removing it from the plastic. And please post build pics of your finished product! I'd love to see it!

telot