Extended Life Battery For The Pineapple

JAX

So i am thinking of a Larger battery for the Pineapple would be awesome. The only thing is i want to find the best deal and the most cost effective way to create such a contraption. My questions are What would i need to complete this project successfully, What would this project's total cost be, And Finally, What would the average run time for an active pineapple be before and after the revamped battery. I will buy the needed parts and preform some stress tests once the correct information is at hand. Any feedback would be appreciated, and please do not troll me!

Thanks for the input B)

What's the current voltage and amperage for a pineapple?

Right now i am waiting for mine to come in, i managed to snag one before they all sold out. i think i can look it up for the router it is made from. now to figure that out...

That was easy

Q:

What kind of power supply and antenna does the Wifi Pineapple Mark III use?

A:

The router comes with a 5dbi antenna and a DC 12 V, 1A Power Supply (US plug).

Edited by JAX

Q:

How long can the Wifi Pineapple Mark 3 run on the 4 AA Battery charger?

A:

The battery life is roughly 3 hours depending on brand. We get the best results out of 2900 mAh rechargeable batteries.

I have also found, that a 2900 mAh battery can last for roughly said 3 hours.

Since the Pineapple consumes around 1 amp, you could use a portable battery like this one, to power it up for a full day or more, since it's a 7 amps battery.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7AH-7-AMP-HOUR-BATTERY-AGM-SLA-UPS-ALARM-RECHARGABLE-12-VOLT-12V-BONUS-/290647064133?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43abea3e45#ht_1325wt_1252

• 2 months later...

For my set up i am working on a briefcase with an WeRKER battery . The battery is a 7.5 amp hour. These batteries are used for ups and only cost about 18 dollars. That would be plenty of power for the pineapple. In my set up i have a power converter so i can charge my laptop and cell phone. The nice part about these batteries they can be mounted in any position. I will post pictures as soon as i am done. I have like 10 batteries. If you had a way for me to ship it to you on the cheap i would be glad to give one to you.

Edited by slimjames

Hi there,

I've been looking for a small and powerfull battery for a while now and i must tell you it all depends on the time you want your pineapple to be on, if we say its gonna work close to 3h with 4AA batteries at 2900mAh I wonder how much time it could run on 12V 10 000mAh battery pack ? btw if you want small and light: li-po battery pack is the way to go

I'm currently in the process of ordering a battery pack of 12v 10 000 to 20 000mAh for ultra long set it and forgetting type of use but let me say that i found some 12v close to 6000 mAh battery pack with additional usb output for dirt cheap...

I'll be testing these soon so I'll keep in touch