IT companie

film

Hi...i was thinking i want to have a job in IT and have my own companie as you have much more perks and all the good stuff that somes with your own companie ' anything in IT as i love it all, unless its excel ,word,powerpoint which some would call IT but is office stuff :P ' anyways i was wondering is there many jobs in It where you can have your own companie all i have thought about

1)web designer

2)domestic computer engineer

and thats all as most comanys like banks have there own team of IT works setting up networks,fixing servers,making programmes and all that ( im not sure thats what i presume) if im wrong please tell me , so any ideas ? anything will do thanks :D

It can be hard to keep up to date with current technolagies. After I got my Socket A motherboard with AGP 8X 9800 I fell 'out of the loop' for a while. So I had to do loads of looking around on shopping web sites for the new technologies and look at bench marking sites to find out which are the best. It's best to try and keep with current technologie weather you are going to buy it or not, that way when some one asks you you can give them an informed answer.

ok im totaly confused :?: i was wondering what kind of company could you set up ( IT wise ) as most firms have there own set of IT people if you get it ... i can only think of two

1)web design

is there anymore ? as i want to have my own company ( in the near future but cant think of what kind of company to set up ) anything to do with it really ?

sorry if i wrote the first questiong wrong i was eating and couldn't concentrate :P

I'm thinking of setting up a niche market for 24/7 onsite tech support or working as a for-hire technical support guy who deals solely with art. You have an idea about a instialtion, or want to use projectors/computers in your show? No idea about the technical side of it, setting up the systems or what to buy? Call us and we'll act as technical consultant.

Then i realized artists have no money.

Making a sucsessful buisness is a complex subject, but the main aim is to provide a product or service there is a call for. You can either do it very cheaply, and do mass trading, or make it very specialized and charge loads.

My main advice if your starting a business is to spend a fair amount of time working in buisness, that way you get a feel for how things are supposed to work, or how not to do things. Hire a decent accountant/legalize person because your not a accountant or lawyer, your a tech guy. Don't initally invest more than you can afford to loose and don't expect to be in profit for a few years. Always plan for and expect major fuckups, never trust someone 100% and have an exit stratagey.

Web design is a cut throat market, so if you opt for that, you have to offer your clients something they can't get elsewhere. Its not about the code, its about the entire package, the look, the feel, useability and costs. Also, how you interact with your clients is important, they don't give a shit about how you did X, they just want to see benifits from X.

Domestic Computer Support could be fairly profitable, but its kinda soul destroying when you realize your charging people to install AV products and re-enable there network card. Its more of a part time, extra cash venture, not a retirement plan.

ok im totaly confused :?: i was wondering what kind of company could you set up ( IT wise ) as most firms have there own set of IT people if you get it ... i can only think of two

1)web design

is there anymore ? as i want to have my own company ( in the near future but cant think of what kind of company to set up ) anything to do with it really ?

sorry if i wrote the first questiong wrong i was eating and couldn't concentrate :P

I run my own consulting business in my own time and I only deal with large companies/ organisations. I don’t have much time for it as I work a full time job, but I make more then enough money from it to live of.

The thing is, if you don’t have a lot of experience and/or a high standard of education (PhD) you are limited on what you can do.

You could try soothing like, installing and maintaining, networks for small businesses (including Voip)

Stay away from anything in terms of computer repair and small-scale retail. Because of businesses like Best buy and Circuit city, running a local computer repair shop or retail store is almost impossible. If you're really interested in starting your own computer-based business; security solutions, infrastructure analysis and logistics are you best bet.

My advice being a business degree college student: learn as much as you can now, do well in school, get a 4-year business degree based in computers (Like I'm a Management Information Systems and Computer Science double-major), work in the industry for a major company for a few years and learn as much about how a business works and make as many contacts as possible (knowing the right people will get you far in life) and by then, you should have the tools necessary to do well owning your own business.

Find what you love to do with computers (building, programming, networking, etc) and specialize in that.

The thing is, if you don’t have a lot of experience and/or a high standard of education (PhD) you are limited on what you can do.

Higher education will be must. Having an MBA wouldn't be a bad thing when approaching banks for a massive loan.