Server Problems

PC-2011

ok so i have had this server for like 5 years and about 3 days ago no one can connect to it for my website or my mc server or any of that no thing that connects to the internet. but i can connect to the internet through the web browser it is. And there is two of them not just one i have 2 servers not just one there behind a router and i have redone the entire network and restored the servers but i still can not connect to the servers ether locally or through my domain any ideas

Firewall rules, faulty NIC, wrong subnet mask, vlan settings, aliens, etc.. I mean without knowing the setup, topology, hardware and network configurations, have no idea what it could be. Need full breadth of scope on what is going on and how its all tied together. I imagine that if you changed anything recently, then its probably something you simply overlooked.

1) Before attempting anything else, try pigging your server from another computer within you LAN and see if you can PING it successfully.

2) If you are able to ping your server internally (within your LAN), then try browsing your website from another computer on your LAN, if you can see the website than we know that internally everything is working fine. If you can't see I would check the firewall settings on the server making sure it's allowing outbound connections on port 80 and then try again. I would also assign a static IP address to your server rather than obtaining it dynamically from your DHCP server.

Also its very important to make sure your webserver is running on the correct TCP Port, by default it should be on port 80.

3) After ensuring that you can browse your website internally, on your router make sure you have a port forwarding rule set in place. If you don't have one, users from outside your LAN will not be able to reach your webserver at all.

4) Once the forwarding rule has been created, trying browsing the website from outside your LAN and see if that works.

By the way what webserver do you have, IIS or Apache?

Edited by Infiltrator

iss

Anyhow, did you try browsing your website from another PC in your LAN?