Help On File Sharing & Edit On Server Over The Internet

ELFEDE

Hi i have being looking for a way to share files & folders with my co workers over the internet from my home computer so they can be able to edit them and save directly to the shared folder in my home computer

i am runing a windows server 2008 rc any help would be really apreciated

the easier the better but need to be reliable.

thank you

Couple of options:

1) Use OPenVPN to create a secure connection from the outside into your LAN and let the access the shares in your DC 2003

2) Or download FileZilla (open source ftp server), easy to create the accounts and to configure.

I would say that if you have Server 2008, set up active directory, create user accounts for them with share access to what folder you want to share files from and then let them VPN into it with access to the share. Don't have to give them any rights other than for the specific share.

Dropbox is an alternative, but from what I recall, dropbox was hacked or had some sort of vulnerability a few weeks back.

http://www.fiercecio.com/techwatch/story/dropboxs-multiple-security-problems/2011-08-19

Edited by digip