Studying For Network+

TuX^

Hey guys,

I'm now unemployed so have quite a bit of time on my hands, so I've decided that I'm finally going to start studying for Network+ certification.

I've already got A+ along with MCP, MCDST, ADITP and an NVQ Level 3 in IT.

I was just wondering if there was any good revision material that anyone has seen?

So far I've got:

• CompTIA Network+ Review Guide by Bill Ferguson
  • MCSA / MCSE Jump Start by Lisa Donald (Has 2 chapters about networking)
  • Access to Books24x7.com which has loads of books regarding IT, Networking, Security etc
  • The Network+ CBT Nuggets by Professor Messer

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers,

TuX^

Pass for sure: http://www.pass4sure.com/

And http://www.visualcertexam.com/

That's what I used for passing my exam.

Just don't get caught both of those sites are restricted/illegal course material and you will fail if they find out...

EDIT

This shit is why we have certified professionals who have no idea what the hell their doing

Well that's them not me. I did buy the books and watched the training videos from CTBnuggets and passed without cheating. And I do work in the IT field knowing what I am doing.

Not everyone cheats, and not everyone uses this material as an easy way in... but alot of them do...

Without having taking a networking class I know alot more than most people I've seen with certs :/

This type of thing is whats killing off certs

While you may know or think you know more about networking without having taken a course or have certs, the fact remains, most employers want some sort of guarantee that you have at least some experience in networking, even if only memorizing answers to the cert tests. Physically being able to do and understand networking isn't always one and the same. Experience will win out over certifications, but your chances of getting a foot in the door and working your way up from say, a helpdesk job to sysadmin, are greatly improved by having a few certs on your resume.

Edited by digip

While you may know or think you know more about networking without having taken a course or have certs, the fact remains, most employers want some sort of guarantee that you have at least some experience in networking, even if only memorizing answers to the cert tests. Physically being able to do and understand networking isn't always one and the same. Experience will win out over certifications, but your chances of getting a foot in the door and working your way up from say, a helpdesk job to sysadmin, are greatly improved by having a few certs on your resume.

I very much agree with this statement.

Not everyone cheats, and not everyone uses this material as an easy way in... but alot of them do...

Without having taking a networking class I know alot more than most people I've seen with certs :/

This type of thing is whats killing off certs

Not everyone is in that level, I've seen people with certs that have the knowledge and the experience required to do a job. It all depends who you see and talk to.

Edited by Infiltrator