Jasager Idea, Honeypot Access Points

had an idea. in your area you see an encrypted access point, couldn't jasager be used to disable/flood out/ect the access point and provide a fake AP with the same name an encryption method just to attempt to capture other users login attempts. sorta like a ap honeypot

i dont see any dev links on the jasager site, or if its opensource

You won't be able to achieve that with Jasager, but there are other ways to accomplish using different means.

i thought so

@mr-protocol

not really copying the encryption, more so spoofing the AP name and encrption type only to capture what the victom types in for his wifi router password because they think its their own.

it also seems plausable that incorporating a tool like firesheep would be a good idea. Is the jasager project open source ?

• 4 weeks later...

If the network you are pretending to be is WPA/WPA2 then you potentially grab packets 1 and 2 of the 4 way handshake and subject that to a brute force attack to reveal the password. But then you could do that by simply doing a deauth on the legit AP and letting the user re-connect.

could some functionality of the aircrack suite be incorporated into the jasager platform to accomplish things of this nature. I could go with the CLI but it may be interesting and intriguing to users to have a gui.

where is this project hosted for development? github?

could some functionality of the aircrack suite be incorporated into the jasager platform to accomplish things of this nature. I could go with the CLI but it may be interesting and intriguing to users to have a gui.

where is this project hosted for development? github?

As far as I understand. There is no room on the device for such a package, let alone a GUI for it as well.