Bt5 Arm Idea

abferm

Hey would it be possible to install BackTrack ARM on Nintendo devices that run on ARM processors(DS and Wii). There would probably be quite a bit of tweaking to be done, but after it is accomplished someone could have a very innocent looking hacking device. Both have wireless capability, and the Wii would great for setting up when you go to a hotel, etc.

Probably limited by space, cpu speed and hardware compatibility. If other linux distros run on them, then its certainly possible, but how well and how much room for the tools. Would you seriouslyu be able to read on a DS screen several terminal windows and such, the gui alone would be pretty small. As for Wii, not sure that makes sense either. A "just because I can" would be fine, but doubt very practical in use. Even those little toys Darren installed linux on are more for the because I can factor than the I will use this to hack your wireless factor. Most of those small devices cant do packet injection or monitor mode.

Edited by digip

Aircrack Suite for wep cracking or SpoonWEP if the card is supported.

They have to be command line tools. The GUI on DSlinux is extremely unstable. Maybe I should mention I'm working with 18192 kb of RAM. I saw somewhere that the wireless card doesn't capture enough packets to use Aircrack, but maybe that was just part of the suite.

Yeah, i don't see you putting BT on it with such small amount of ram. BT5 is a full blown OS, and needs decent hardware to run it, including memory.

Yes, I didn't realise that the amount of RAM was that tiny, and that is with an expansion. I wonder if it would be possible to make a larger expansion.

Could someone point me toward help for compiling for ARM processors, I wasn't thinking last night and tried to run regular Linux binaries on DSLinux. I am using Ubuntu so if someone could tell me what packages I need to install and where to find instructions to use them it would be very helpful. My searches for compiling for ARM came up with mostly results on how to compile Linux for ARM.

The source code and compiler are not agreeing, and I'm no C buff. Could I get some help?

Edited by abferm