Ayn Rand

radcow

The way you phrased this, was as if she was asking if anyone knows who she was, and she wants to know if anyone read her book. Which was confusing, since she has been dead since the 1980's. Never read her books, although I have seen her quoted a lot.

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

Ayn Rand

Edited by digip

She was a great novelist and philosopher, but haven't read any of her books.

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.
Edited by Infiltrator

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very interested to read Atlas Shrugged but after getting through all of Man, Economy and State (it took me almost 2 years, (it was slow going for a long time)) I just don't know that I really want to start another big undertaking like that. Although, there is a movie now, so I might just take the easy way out :) .

If you played Bioshock, it's loosely based on Atlas Shrugged. I think there's every graffiti of, "who is Atlas?" or something similar to that in the game (from, "who is John Galt," in the book).

The more I have learned about the way our society works, the more I begin to think she was onto something.