Bt5 On Asus Transformer?

dsyncd

Does anyone have a Asus Transformer to see if you can get the ARM version of BT5 to boot from a microsd card? I've been looking at these for a light weight alternative to my laptop and I believe that having BT5 on a tablet could be fun. It's dual core 1 ghz Tegra 2 chip and 1 gig of ram.

Does anyone have a Asus Transformer to see if you can get the ARM version of BT5 to boot from a microsd card? I've been looking at these for a light weight alternative to my laptop and I believe that having BT5 on a tablet could be fun. It's dual core 1 ghz Tegra 2 chip and 1 gig of ram.

Looks like they have it working on the Xoom which isn't too different from the Transformer. BT5 Forums

I just finished downloading the arm version, setup seems pretty simple either with the chroot instructions that come in the zip from backtrack, or this tutorial I found http://www.mattslifebytes.com/?p=456 has a pretty simple guide for smart phones and has a resolution fix, haven't tried either yet but im planning on it tonight

I just finished downloading the arm version, setup seems pretty simple either with the chroot instructions that come in the zip from backtrack, or this tutorial I found http://www.mattslifebytes.com/?p=456 has a pretty simple guide for smart phones and has a resolution fix, haven't tried either yet but im planning on it tonight

Nice. I'll check back later. I'm tempted to get rid of my traditional laptop for something more portable and light.

Did someone install Backtrack 5 on Asus Eee Pad Transformer? Is the integrated wireless card capable of packet injection(monitor mode)?

If not, can I buy a docking station and plug my ALFA there and run Backtrack from the micro SD card?

Thanks in advance

I think you need the docking station in order to get USB ports since there are none on it to begin with. Only an SDcard slot and docking connector, which would then allow you to add external wireless cards via the docking stations USB port. I would hope the internal wireless works out of the box. Looks like the Transformer is more polished than the Xoom is as well, but I still don't know what wifi chipset it runs.

Edited by digip

Trying to get this info before my potential purchase of Asus Eee Pad with docking station. I am OK to connect my external wifi USB card to the docking but I didn't find any information on internet which confirms this. Monitor Mode is nowadays a criteria before buying any notebook/netbook/tablet/pda/phone/etc...

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

there is a way to splice the multi-pin connector with a usb female port and get usb running that way if you dont want to purchase the dock, but that would just look awkward in public. also i've read that if you dont have it running native on the device that some people have had problems with usb, i'm personally keeping my eye on the native ubuntu projects and then once that is finished try the same stuff with BT5. either way I love my transformer and if getting BT5 running on it is the excuse you need to justify buying it, just buy it and get it over with lol.