"fake" Ip's Location To Usa

Jamo

Hi.

Im currently located in Finland, but some sites, that I want to visit requires that I'm is USA. well Im not.

I know, that I could use a proxy or vpn, so I can get ip from usa and then Ill be able to visit those sites. However I havent yet found proxy that allows me to do that.

Of course I could get VPS from usa and tunnel thru it.

Or pay for vpn so I would appear coming from USA.

But I want a free solution, HotspotShield offers a VPN, for free, which sometimes connects to their US based server, however its not reliable enough.

So how can I make me look like Im in USA. Can I use TOR to do it.

TOR would work, but your traffic would be really slow if you were trying to watch video or download files.TOR is fine for normal browsing in a pinch, but having a server in the US to tunnel through would be the best way. Also, having a browser and OS that properly identify themselves as US or EN in the user agent and any http responses they give via scripts or xmlhttp requests helps, since these can help to bypass agent spoofing and reveal the real browser, javascript version and OS.

For about $100/year, you can get a dreamhost site with shell access, and just SSH tunnel all your traffic using a SOCKS proxy in your browser, which also doesn't seem to slow down the speeds. Its what I use here when I need encrypted traffic or remote surfing from untrusted locations.

TOR would work, but your traffic would be really slow if you were trying to watch video or download files.TOR is fine for normal browsing in a pinch, but having a server in the US to tunnel through would be the best way. Also, having a browser and OS that properly identify themselves as US or EN in the user agent and any http responses they give via scripts or xmlhttp requests helps, since these can help to bypass agent spoofing and reveal the real browser, javascript version and OS.

Well windows 7 is installed in english, but how to set firefox to identify it as US or EN

For about $100/year, you can get a dreamhost site with shell access, and just SSH tunnel all your traffic using a SOCKS proxy in your browser, which also doesn't seem to slow down the speeds. Its what I use here when I need encrypted traffic or remote surfing from untrusted locations.

Well I would like to get a free solution, $100/year ain't bad, but I wold like to have a free solution.

Well windows 7 is installed in english, but how to set firefox to identify it as US or EN

Well I would like to get a free solution, $100/year ain't bad, but I wold like to have a free solution.

What happens when you try to use an IP address from a proxy server located in the USA? If you haven't tried, Google for "Free proxy servers", that should give you a list of free proxy servers, just look for the ones that say USA.

Also to make sure the ip address belongs to a server in the USA, use this website http://www.geoiptool.com/ to determine its geographical location.

Edited by Infiltrator

The only problem I have with using free, anonymous proxies, is you don't know who is at the other end and who could be sniffing traffic. Use them to bypass filtering, but do not logon or visit any sites you already have cookies for, as someone could do session stealing or just have scripts in place to pull any authentication data to harvest. Its an old trick a lot of proxies use to gain passwords to sites or even peoples email and then escalates from there. Same goes with TOR exit nodes. You kind of have to trust the people who set them up.

Edited by digip

What happens when you try to use an IP address from a proxy server located in the USA? If you haven't tried, Google for "Free proxy servers", that should give you a list of free proxy servers, just look for the ones that say USA.

Also to make sure the ip address belongs to a server in the USA, use this website http://www.geoiptool.com/ to determine its geographical location.

Yes I have googled for free proxy usa, however they don't let me use java nor flash.

I know well, that proxy owner can sniff all data going thru (Im hosting a proxy myself, in Finland) but Im mainly looking for a proxy for videos, not to check my gmail...

Yes I have googled for free proxy usa, however they don't let me use java nor flash.

I know well, that proxy owner can sniff all data going thru (Im hosting a proxy myself, in Finland) but Im mainly looking for a proxy for videos, not to check my gmail...

If you don't mind me asking, what American sites are you trying to access?

The only problem I have with using free, anonymous proxies, is you don't know who is at the other end and who could be sniffing traffic. Use them to bypass filtering, but do not logon or visit any sites you already have cookies for, as someone could do session stealing or just have scripts in place to pull any authentication data to harvest. Its an old trick a lot of proxies use to gain passwords to sites or even peoples email and then escalates from there. Same goes with TOR exit nodes. You kind of have to trust the people who set them up.

Definitely not, I will never use/trust a free proxy server for accessing sensitive information online. You never know what the owners intentions are.

If you don't mind me asking, what American sites are you trying to access?

Well mainly TV series, like mythbusters, they offer short clips and full episodes online, lost the link but Iv came to videos, that says, you are not in the USA, video cannot be showed.