Hey guys new to this. So correct me if I'm wrong, Pineapple is basically a router with OpenWrt installed in it correct? Which can be used to make users connect to it and do man in the middle attacks etc? If so is it possible to install OpenWrt on another type of router? Thanks

I too am wondering about the possibility of using another bit of hardware, say a no longer used router. Sry not actually answering the question. I know that Jasager was specifically written for the Fon. However, from what I can gather it uses a generic Atheros chip and standard amount of Rom which means you should be able to set up a router as an access point through OpenWRT and run the Jasager on it right? Has anyone attempted this yet?

Hey guys new to this. So correct me if I'm wrong, Pineapple is basically a router with OpenWrt installed in it correct? Which can be used to make users connect to it and do man in the middle attacks etc? If so is it possible to install OpenWrt on another type of router? Thanks

Yes you can put OpenWRT on lots of routers. Google OpenWRT you will find their site.

I too am wondering about the possibility of using another bit of hardware, say a no longer used router. Sry not actually answering the question. I know that Jasager was specifically written for the Fon. However, from what I can gather it uses a generic Atheros chip and standard amount of Rom which means you should be able to set up a router as an access point through OpenWRT and run the Jasager on it right? Has anyone attempted this yet?

You can but you may not get the Karma/Karmetasploit part of it working which is what makes users auto connect to the jasager.

I've had it running on a couple of Ubiquiti devices, Pico and another, can't remember the name. Other people install it on the OpenMesh devices.

Can't guarantee it but if you can get OpenWrt on, its got a Mips processor and Atheros chipset then it should work.