Macbook Pro Out Of Control Fan

niels

Hey every body,

I'm having this strange thing with my Macbook Pro. A while a go my mbp was acting weird and because there was a lot op shit on it,

I thought a reinstall of mac os x would make thing a little bit better.

But it didn't ! The issue I'm having is that even when I'm not running any high cost cpu applications my mbp is still blowing it's fan like crazy.

Even when he doing nothing just running idle !

My mbp is like 2 or 3 years old, so it shouldn't behave this way in my opinion.

spec : 2.53 ghz inter core 2 duo cpu

: 4 gb 1067 Mhz DDR3 ram

Are there people around who faced the same problems ? Or now what could solve my problem ?

I'm really embarrassed now when I have visitors and my mbp is doing his crazy shit again.

Thanks in advance.

That is an interesting problem. What do you mean when you say "there was a lot op shit on it"? One suggestion I would make as a first try type thing is getting a can of air duster and see if the fan is just super dirty and needs cleaned. Have you ever opened your mbp before and would it void anything?

Reset your SMC.

Shut down. On the MacBook’s keyboard hold down the Shift+Control+Option keys and the Power button at the same time. Release all keys and the power button at the same time.

That is an interesting problem. What do you mean when you say "there was a lot op shit on it"? One suggestion I would make as a first try type thing is getting a can of air duster and see if the fan is just super dirty and needs cleaned. Have you ever opened your mbp before and would it void anything?

With a lot of shit, I mean I installed a lot of unnecessary things, a lot of data scatter around on different places, so I had chosen to go for a fresh clean install and tidy up my data management on my pc.

I never opened my mbp before, afraid I would brake the warranty if I do so ....

I don't think my fan is that dirty but doesn't hurt to take a look at it.

As Seshan suggested, give that a try - If still wonky, maybe something is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced, so take it in to get looked at. Otherwise, open her up and inspect it. After 3 years I imagine its not under warranty, so not like you would void it getting fixed otherwise.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4519085_management-control-smc-macbook-pro.html

http://osxdaily.com/2010/03/24/when-and-how-to-reset-your-mac’s-system-management-controller-smc/

* Issues with your Mac’s cooling fans and fan management: fans run constantly at high speed, fans run high despite low CPU usage and adequate ventilation, fans not working at all, etc
Edited by digip

With a lot of shit, I mean I installed a lot of unnecessary things, a lot of data scatter around on different places, so I had chosen to go for a fresh clean install and tidy up my data management on my pc.

I never opened my mbp before, afraid I would brake the warranty if I do so ....

I don't think my fan is that dirty but doesn't hurt to take a look at it.

You said it was about three years old? IMHO I don't think it would hurt to open it up and give it a good cleaning, been doing that with my PC as long as I've owned it and when it was under warranty. Well, to be honest I'm licensed to work on all makes of PC's and have a MAC license. ;)

If the fan isn't dirty, could be some other conflicts i.e. hardware issues, doesn't look like software to me.

Good luck!

Edited by bibbinut