Proxmox Ve Upload Limit

DuchNew

Hello forum people,

I has just install proxmox VE 1.7 on my old pc. It's great to work with proxmox. But when i want to upload a iso of windows server i get a error. This was because there is a upload limit of 2GB. But i have a iso, bigger that 2GB.

How can i use this iso to install a new virtual pc in proxmox. Can i upload the iso or can i do something els?

Thanks you,

ps all help is welcome. Help like a manual of instruction video.

ps i found some info there: http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/5980-upload-limited-to-2-GB

On the site they say: use scp or, if you are under M$ slavery, winscp.

The iso destination (on proxmox server, I mean) is:

/var/lib/vz/template/iso

But i do not understand how this work. Or how i can use it.

On the site they say: use scp or, if you are under M$ slavery, winscp.

The iso destination (on proxmox server, I mean) is:

/var/lib/vz/template/iso

But i do not understand how this work. Or how i can use it.

I'm not using Proxmox right now, but if you installed proxmox you used ssh to connect to the server.

Now use the scp command like the ssh command. scp = secure copy.

Your command would be something like

> scp windows.iso proxmoxuser@proxmoxserver.com:windows.iso

you have to check the place you copy you're file to in the server. And maybe have to move it to the /var/lib/vz/template/iso folder. (use mv)

check scp --help or man scp for more help.

And probably when you uploaded the .iso file you can create a new windows by selecting the iso from the server, i'm not sure so you have to check that .

grts

I am going to install Proxmox and will find out for you how to change the upload size limit.

Thanks you for the help.

Is this an ISO of say a windows installer? Why is it over 2 GB?

Answer: it a windows 7 of 2.3GB

And probably when you uploaded the .iso file you can create a new windows by selecting the iso from the server, i'm not sure so you have to check that.

answer: if you want to istall a new os. i need to by possible to choose this iso. Because you can not change the iso after the virutal machine has been created.

Can it by possible to chance something in de http windows (the way you connect to de proxmox server http://IP/) . That you make manualy the link to the iso file??

I'm not using Proxmox right now, but if you installed proxmox you used ssh to connect to the server.

Now use the scp command like the ssh command. scp = secure copy.

Your command would be something like

> scp windows.iso proxmoxuser@proxmoxserver.com:windows.iso

you have to check the place you copy you're file to in the server. And maybe have to move it to the /var/lib/vz/template/iso folder. (use mv)

check scp --help or man scp for more help.

And probably when you uploaded the .iso file you can create a new windows by selecting the iso from the server, i'm not sure so you have to check that .

grts

Answer: i must be possible to chooe this iso file so i can install it. may there is a way to chance the proxmox window that you at the iso manualy??

Is this an ISO of say a windows installer? Why is it over 2 GB?

Answer: is a windows 7 32version iso. it is 2.3GB

the windows 7 64version is 3GB, 2008 32b version 1.8 and 64version is 2.6GB

CentOS 5.5 is also bigger then 2 GB it is 4GB. but this iso is download as application template in promox.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using proxmox for the past week and it let me upload up to 3GB ISO's. It gave me errors after 3.

I now that limit is 1GB. Infiltrator was looling for it but i have not heart for now a week notthing. I go to contect him